Target and Unions

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
pseudo3d

Re: Target and Unions

Post by pseudo3d »

veteran+ wrote: May 18th, 2022, 2:20 pm So, let's see.....................................the employees should just roll over (like they always do) and take it because this company is not doing well?

Compromise and sacrifice and get rewarded later? (but before the shareholders and executives).

Yeah.................................riiiiiiiiight.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unions don't cause companies to fail. Company leadership does. But popular Union narrative is so much more fun to blame.
I don't know who you're responding to but I thought I made things clear in my previous post. Blaming a company's failure on unions is often unwarranted and is usually more of the straw that breaks the camel's back than a continuous problem. But trying to remove any criticism and any guilt in them is like slavish devotion to a politician and ready to jump in to defend them for anything.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

veteran+ wrote: May 18th, 2022, 2:20 pm So, let's see.....................................the employees should just roll over (like they always do) and take it because this company is not doing well?

Compromise and sacrifice and get rewarded later? (but before the shareholders and executives).

Unions don't cause companies to fail. Company leadership does. But popular Union narrative is so much more fun to blame.
And in the example I gave all of the upper management, including the CEO, who were out digging the hole for the company all were let go (without golden parachutes I might add), but they are stretched as far as they can get through the next quarter... Yet the employees think that a union will magically solve the problem of no money in the bank and the cost of going further into debt to keep the lights on. It's a pretty dire situation and I just don't understand how these folks believe that they can call in a union to wave a magic wand and suddenly a pile of cash is going to appear every other Thursday for the employees. Yes this is a extreme case and one that if things go South we will probably be discussing on this board with the company named because of the news stories attached, but why would the employees think that a union is of any help in this situation.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

pseudo3d wrote: May 18th, 2022, 4:08 pm

I don't know who you're responding to but I thought I made things clear in my previous post. Blaming a company's failure on unions is often unwarranted and is usually more of the straw that breaks the camel's back than a continuous problem. But trying to remove any criticism and any guilt in them is like slavish devotion to a politician and ready to jump in to defend them for anything.

It was a generalized comment regarding Unions and their mythological responsibility in causing businesses to fail, job losses and higher prices.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

ClownLoach wrote: May 18th, 2022, 4:12 pm

And in the example I gave all of the upper management, including the CEO, who were out digging the hole for the company all were let go (without golden parachutes I might add), but they are stretched as far as they can get through the next quarter... Yet the employees think that a union will magically solve the problem of no money in the bank and the cost of going further into debt to keep the lights on. It's a pretty dire situation and I just don't understand how these folks believe that they can call in a union to wave a magic wand and suddenly a pile of cash is going to appear every other Thursday for the employees. Yes this is a extreme case and one that if things go South we will probably be discussing on this board with the company named because of the news stories attached, but why would the employees think that a union is of any help in this situation.
Desperation is at play here at this juncture.