CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Albertsons Carson Closing

Post by CalItalian »

110 E. Carson St.
Closing sale started today.
Expected to close June 16.

Found out from a poster in a SoCal coupon deals group that I am in who posted photos of the ad.
storewanderer

Re: Albertsons Carson Closing

Post by storewanderer »

Interesting. I think this store had self checkouts installed in the past six months or so... just like the Long Beach Pavilions...

We will see which hispanic chain this store becomes. I think this store had pretty good traffic but maybe the numbers didn't work.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

storewanderer wrote: May 18th, 2022, 10:35 pm Interesting. I think this store had self checkouts installed in the past six months or so... just like the Long Beach Pavilions...

We will see which hispanic chain this store becomes. I think this store had pretty good traffic but maybe the numbers didn't work.
Carson & surrounding areas have a large Asian population as well.

There is another Albertsons less than 2 miles away (on Sepulveda). It's been through a remodel within the last year. Plenty of new photos on Yelp.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Pharmacy closed April 28.
All items in store are 25% off. Signs say 10 to 90% off but nothing was either percentage and I did look for greeting cards which I suspect were 90% off.
There is no more bakery, produce, fluid dairy, or meat.
Center store has a few aisles of very random items left. Most of the store is roped off.

Rumors flying are store becomes apartments or becomes a Sprouts. It is way too big for Sprouts.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

storewanderer wrote: May 18th, 2022, 10:35 pm We will see which hispanic chain this store becomes. I think this store had pretty good traffic but maybe the numbers didn't work.
It's possible this is a similar situation to Irvine where it's the landlord that is evicting Albertsons. The adjacent Dollar Tree is also being closed. Those are the 2 main tenants in this plaza. I wouldn't be surprised if apartments would be put up there.
Looking up the liquor license, this store dates back to 1962 as a Lucky. Wow. Looks like it was expanded at some point in time. A lot of mileage out of the old Blue & Green Awnings interior.
The Albertsons down on Sepulveda has a nice Colorful Lifestyle remodel. That store looks to have been built with the Grocery Palace interior. That one was built with a gas station (now a Speedway)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: May 21st, 2022, 7:22 pm
storewanderer wrote: May 18th, 2022, 10:35 pm We will see which hispanic chain this store becomes. I think this store had pretty good traffic but maybe the numbers didn't work.
It's possible this is a similar situation to Irvine where it's the landlord that is evicting Albertsons. The adjacent Dollar Tree is also being closed. Those are the 2 main tenants in this plaza. I wouldn't be surprised if apartments would be put up there.
Looking up the liquor license, this store dates back to 1962 as a Lucky. Wow. Looks like it was expanded at some point in time. A lot of mileage out of the old Blue & Green Awnings interior.
The Albertsons down on Sepulveda has a nice Colorful Lifestyle remodel. That store looks to have been built with the Grocery Palace interior. That one was built with a gas station (now a Speedway)
This closing store was quite large (even the parts I was able to walk through, which was only like 1/3 of the store). The pharmacy was in the middle of the back wall. Bakery/deli was in the corner closest to Dollar Tree and produce was over on the other side of the store from there. I suspect this store was expanded 3 times over the years.

Given self checkouts were literally just installed in the past six months I don't think this was a planned or known closure. The old interior is perhaps a sign but it didn't look to be in too bad of condition inside, certainly not falling apart.

If Dollar Tree is going too, that sounds like this thing is going to get demolished unless someone is taking both spaces (what an awkwardly long space that would be).

The one with the gas station that was an Arco rebranded to Speedway Express is nothing but a generic no name gas station with the name Speedway Express on the pumps. The c-store is in no way a format that is attached to 7-Eleven or Speedway or supplied by them.