Crown Drugs-Carson, CA

storewanderer

Re: Crown Drugs-Carson, CA

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: December 28th, 2023, 3:53 pm A review on yelp says this store will be closing. The insurance companies are killing off these independent pharmacies due to terrible reimbursement rates. Many insurance companies make it so that the pharmacy loses money whenever they fill a brand name prescription. It is purely greed on behalf of insurance companies.
I saw that review too, but couldn't find any more info. Was wondering about it. I guess I could just call them and ask.

The other oddball "full size" independent drugstore, SunRX in Las Vegas on Bonanza (former Kroger SuperRx from way back) I know, also closed sometime in the past couple years.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Alpha8472 wrote: December 28th, 2023, 3:53 pm A review on yelp says this store will be closing. The insurance companies are killing off these independent pharmacies due to terrible reimbursement rates. Many insurance companies make it so that the pharmacy loses money whenever they fill a brand name prescription. It is purely greed on behalf of insurance companies.
You are so correct!

I switched from Pavilions Pharmacy (I could not take the attitude any longer <corporate knows full well about it>) to a top reviewed and beloved local independent Pharmacy.

The owner showed me his billings and I was shocked. He is owed over $250,000.00 in reimbursements and that amount hovers in that range all year round.

:x :x :x :x
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: December 29th, 2023, 8:23 am
You are so correct!

I switched from Pavilions Pharmacy (I could not take the attitude any longer <corporate knows full well about it>) to a top reviewed and beloved local independent Pharmacy.

The owner showed me his billings and I was shocked. He is owed over $250,000.00 in reimbursements and that amount hovers in that range all year round.

:x :x :x :x
If you know any, have this discussion with a doctor or dentist who runs their own practice (isn't practicing under some "group" or corporation). You will hear the same thing. The insurances slow pay them and expect them to carry the receivable for months. Also the government run programs do not pay any faster than the others; they slow pay in the same manner. Really broken system that screws the provider and patient hard.

No end in sight.

The old days of "cash pay" - patient pays for their prescription or medical service and the price is something they can actually afford to pay... seemed to be a lot simpler... and it is still that way in a lot of other countries.