Boston Market

Alpha8472

Boston Market

Post by Alpha8472 »

Boston Market is offering rotisserie chickens for $6.02 today on National Rotisserie Chicken day. This is a bit cheaper than most grocery stores. I wonder if they are prepared for the crowds.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on June 2nd, 2022, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Boston Market

Post by jamcool »

Try and find a Boston Market !
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Has anyone noticed that they are disappearing? Perhaps fewer restaurants than in previous years.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Store count is at 334 units now. It was around 375 units in 2020. Seems to fall about 10% per year. There were about 15 new openings last year in former Pizza Huts in PA which I don't expect to survive. They didn't remodel them and are serving the Boston Market food from the old Pizza Hut warmers, etc. (there is no display case of food like the typical locations have).

Food Maxx used to sell rotisserie chickens for 4.99 until very recently then changed it to 6.99 each or 2 for $12.

The Reno Boston Market really needs to do something with its restrooms... just disgusting conditions; I was so grossed out I haven't been back in months. Thinking of the odor makes me lose my appetite. They have made various other upgrades to the unit such as a new steamtable (replaced the one that had its front glass broken and was wrapped with plastic wrap), mixer, new cash registers... so have to think the unit is here for the long term.
Super S

Post by Super S »

jamcool wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 5:15 pm Try and find a Boston Market !
I miss them in the Pacific Northwest.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:17 pm Store count is at 334 units now. It was around 375 units in 2020. Seems to fall about 10% per year. There were about 15 new openings last year in former Pizza Huts in PA which I don't expect to survive. They didn't remodel them and are serving the Boston Market food from the old Pizza Hut warmers, etc. (there is no display case of food like the typical locations have).

Food Maxx used to sell rotisserie chickens for 4.99 until very recently then changed it to 6.99 each or 2 for $12.

The Reno Boston Market really needs to do something with its restrooms... just disgusting conditions; I was so grossed out I haven't been back in months. Thinking of the odor makes me lose my appetite. They have made various other upgrades to the unit such as a new steamtable (replaced the one that had its front glass broken and was wrapped with plastic wrap), mixer, new cash registers... so have to think the unit is here for the long term.

Non perfect bathrooms in an eating establishment portends nightmares in the kitchen.

I always check out the bathroom before I eat in a restaurant (even for take out). Many friends in the biz have told me "stories".
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 8:25 am

Non perfect bathrooms in an eating establishment portends nightmares in the kitchen.

I always check out the bathroom before I eat in a restaurant (even for take out). Many friends in the biz have told me "stories".
Yes, I have walked from many places after making a restroom observation. Also if I go into a place and see a sign that says the restroom is "out of order" that is a big flag. Sometimes I will proceed anyway (assuming the restroom at least has soap) and will always notice the entire facility is unclean when the restroom is in bad shape.

I think after COVID a number of businesses are still getting back on track with maintaining facilities properly for customers.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Restroom condition seems in proportion to overall facility condition and service quality except at Wawa stores down in Florida. They run some amazingly good c-stores with kitchens and made-to-order sandwiches, but the bathrooms are horrid. Just miserable--bad condition, dirty, scratched...its almost like they cleaned them wrong when they were just built (scratched/etched) and now can't keep them clean.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

Romr123 wrote: June 4th, 2022, 4:44 am Restroom condition seems in proportion to overall facility condition and service quality except at Wawa stores down in Florida. They run some amazingly good c-stores with kitchens and made-to-order sandwiches, but the bathrooms are horrid. Just miserable--bad condition, dirty, scratched...its almost like they cleaned them wrong when they were just built (scratched/etched) and now can't keep them clean.
Wawa generally keeps them in good shape in the mid-Atlantic region. Ditto Sheetz. One of the busiest Sheetz in the outer suburbs of DC on the way to Shenandoah is used as a staging grounds for bikers (both kinds) and hikers because of the rest rooms and sandwiches.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

As of this writing,only 2 locations left in my neck of the woods:2300 Fair oaks (one of the tamer areas of Arden arcade in the middle of some upscale shopping)and 5003 foothills in west Roseville (in the parking lot of an early 1990's center,the anchor which is presently a 24 hour fitness was initially an Albertsons and later Ralphs).One former location in citrus Heights has since been converted into it's original use(financial institution, currently a credit union branch),while another in Madison/80(near la quinta and a closed office Depot)was razed for either a Chick-fil-A or a car wash.I suspect there were more formal locations around Sacramento but my memory is fuzzy.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.