Gelson's, Stater Bros Sued Over Thick Plastic Bags

California. No non-grocery posts.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Gelson's, Stater Bros Sued Over Thick Plastic Bags

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

storewanderer wrote: June 9th, 2022, 11:01 pm The supply chain for paper bags is very fragile at this time
Don't know if this is the beginning of a problem in my area or not but Target didn't have paper bags with the handles I've come to love because they're so useful-just relatively small paper bags that only hold a couple loaves of bread comfortably. I didn't buy that much and walked out of there with four of those small bags and that's not counting the items they would've normally bagged but asked me if I would be OK with just carrying them out loose. I was fine with it but it appears they're trying to save on bags. Also noticed in Hannaford they were pretty much stuffing paper bags with as much as they would safely hold which they hadn't been doing previously.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Gelson's, Stater Bros Sued Over Thick Plastic Bags

Post by BillyGr »

TW-Upstate NY wrote: June 14th, 2022, 12:46 pm
storewanderer wrote: June 9th, 2022, 11:01 pm The supply chain for paper bags is very fragile at this time
Don't know if this is the beginning of a problem in my area or not but Target didn't have paper bags with the handles I've come to love because they're so useful-just relatively small paper bags that only hold a couple loaves of bread comfortably. I didn't buy that much and walked out of there with four of those small bags and that's not counting the items they would've normally bagged but asked me if I would be OK with just carrying them out loose. I was fine with it but it appears they're trying to save on bags. Also noticed in Hannaford they were pretty much stuffing paper bags with as much as they would safely hold which they hadn't been doing previously.
Our Target wasn't seeming to have issues on Sunday - I only had one bag but the cashier packed it without asking if I wanted a bag or not (I had 5 or 6 smaller items, so could have carried them without if needed). They are handy bags, though, and being Target is one of the places that doesn't charge a good way to grab some for when a bag is needed.