PetSmart Seeks Veterinarians For Its Stores

Alpha8472

PetSmart Seeks Veterinarians For Its Stores

Post by Alpha8472 »

PetSmart is launching PetSmart Veterinary Service. Independent veterinarians can open their own franchised practice inside of PetSmart stores. The empty pet hospitals inside of PetSmart that were abandoned by Banfield are sitting unused to this day. PetSmart will provide practically everything a veterinarian needs to open up a modern practice.

I think this might actually bring more customer traffic into PetSmart. Banfield is the worst of the corporate vet hospitals. Those clinics were awful. However, independent veterinarians will most likely have an incentive to operate on their own and provide great care. If the vet does not do well, the vet has only the vet to blame.

https://chainstoreage.com/petsmart-laun ... its-stores
storewanderer

Re: PetSmart Seeks Veterinarians For Its Stores

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: June 9th, 2022, 10:50 pm PetSmart is launching PetSmart Veterinary Service. Independent veterinarians can open their own franchised practice inside of PetSmart stores. The empty pet hospitals inside of PetSmart that were abandoned by Banfield are sitting unused to this day. PetSmart will provide practically everything a veterinarian needs to open up a modern practice.

I think this might actually bring more customer traffic into PetSmart. Banfield is the worst of the corporate vet hospitals. Those clinics were awful. However, independent veterinarians will most likely have an incentive to operate on their own and provide great care. If the vet does not do well, the vet has only the vet to blame.

https://chainstoreage.com/petsmart-laun ... its-stores
Reminds me of those optical departments that have an exam area that is leased to independent doctors in various stores.

One time I went to the optical exam at Sam's Club and showed whatever vision insurance I had. The guy there said he didn't take it. But he said I could come see him tomorrow at Sears and he would take it there. I guess he spent a couple days a week in one store and the other couple days in the other store and both had different insurances they accepted.