Ross Daily Robberies

Alpha8472

Ross Daily Robberies

Post by Alpha8472 »

I can say this is getting out of hand. A friend tells me that he oftens eats lunch in the parking lot of a Ross in a really bad suburb in the San Francisco Bay Area (You know the infamous city). He says it happens on a daily basis that a truck or car pulls up and people run in grab armfuls of merchandise and run out to the waiting car. This is so out of hand that I don't see how Ross stays in business. They are going to end up losing so much money that this location should just shut down. Ross already has a security guard standing at the door. This does nothing as the guard is not supposed to stop the shoplifters.

The problem is that the store's door is right next to the parking lot. The car can pull up right in front of the door and then once the car is full it can drive right onto the nearby freeway and disappear in minutes.

Maybe they should ban cars from the front of the doors. They need to make it so that it is difficult to drive a car right up to the door. Make it so that people would have to carry tons of clothing and have to walk a long way to get to a getaway car. However, they would have to redesign the lanes of the parking lot and demolish all of the concrete curbs with trees planted in them. I know now why many stores have parking space in front of the store instead of a dedicated road directly in front of the store. You need parked cars to block people from running out of the store.

The Burlington store a few hundred feet away doesn't seem to have this problem as much as trying to get out of the Burlington store is full of roadblocks. They have a single entrance that is a long tube. It is a long walk down this tube to get out of the store so you have 2 sets of doors. It is possible that you could lock the doors and trap the people inside the entrance vestibule. This is sort of like how some banks have a mantrap. A long glass metal detector tube room where they can trap a robber before the robber gets in or trap the robber on the way out. Burlington is setup so that getting out of the store is an obstacle course. You would trip and fall dodging all of the junk blocking the doors. It is not an easy getaway. Also the shopping carts cannot leave the store. The wheels would lock.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on June 12th, 2022, 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Ross Daily Robberies

Post by jamcool »

Mebbe the cheap crap at Ross is better than the cheap crap at Burlington
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

What you describe without end sounds like an eternal Dante's Inferno. How do you and others survive?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:29 am What you describe without end sounds like an eternal Dante's Inferno. How do you and others survive?
This is what is happening in the bay area now. Things are out of control. People have had enough but change won't happen overnight (if at all). Enough drifting of topic... I assume you heard about the most recent San Jose Safeway incident which took place a few days ago (Sunday). I didn't make a thread about it because I just didn't.