Raleys ONE Roseville to open next week

California. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Raleys ONE Roseville to open next week

Post by storewanderer »

Can't wait to see how this goes...

Hopefully it goes better with a new store than an existing store. It would be nearly impossible for things to go as poorly as they have in Reno.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Raleys ONE Roseville to open next week

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

I believe Truckee opened as a raleys o-n-e at the outset,and for some reason between Google and Yelp reviews are far more forgiving than the Reno conversion.Can't speak for the El Dorado Hills conversion.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wrong thread.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on June 16th, 2022, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: June 11th, 2022, 1:55 pm I believe Truckee opened as a raleys o-n-e at the outset,and for some reason between Google and Yelp reviews are far more forgiving than the Reno conversion.Can't speak for the El Dorado Hills conversion.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if Truckee added in conventional items or not... if they did, it happened after Reno did...

Truckee is a tourist store catering to the Northstar crowd, and Safeway and Save Mart retained all traffic in Truckee they had before the Raleys opened. I'm not sure how the Truckee Raleys impacted the Kings Beach Safeway though. May have been some impact there. Tahoe has been so busy that there are plenty of sales to go around.

Raleys spent so much money on the Truckee store (the ceiling alone cost millions of dollars) that I'm not sure how much sales it needs to do to pay for itself but it is a lot.

Raleys really screwed up their sterling reputation in Reno with their ONE conversion that so many people hate. But it has been fantastic for Safeway. It has really revived Safeway in this market to open that new store and have it get all of those customers that Raleys ONE didn't work for.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Apparently people aren't buying enough of their Organic Raley's ketchup, given that I saw several cases of it in our Ocean State Job Lot yesterday (way up here near Albany, NY, quite a way from it's original area).

Wasn't terribly long dated, but still like end of this year so not ready to expire this week either.