Popeye's Anniversary 59 Cent Chicken

Alpha8472

Popeye's Anniversary 59 Cent Chicken

Post by Alpha8472 »

For its 50th anniversary June 12 through 19, Popeye's is offering 2 pieces of fried chicken for 59 cents if you use the app or website. You have to order $5 worth of food first. The price in 1972 when the chain opened was 59 cents.

I have not been back to Popeye's since they closed the dining room and went drive thru only. The absurdly long line was not worth it. Just waiting in line you would see about 20 people park and try to go inside.

I believe that the dining room is now open, but with plenty of attitude from employees.
storewanderer

Re: Popeye's Anniversary 59 Cent Chicken

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: June 12th, 2022, 1:36 pm For its 50th anniversary June 12 through 19, Popeye's is offering 2 pieces of fried chicken for 59 cents if you use the app or website. You have to order $5 worth of food first. The price in 1972 when the chain opened was 59 cents.

I have not been back to Popeye's since they closed the dining room and went drive thru only. The absurdly long line was not worth it. Just waiting in line you would see about 20 people park and try to go inside.

I believe that the dining room is now open, but with plenty of attitude from employees.
That is interesting. Last year I went to Popeyes in Lodi, Roseville, and Linda/Marysville and every one of them had the dining room open. These locations were filthy and a mess and pricing is terrible ( as much as $5 more for a 3 strip meal than Reno/Sparks; glad I had a coupon). Employees were.. okay... I think all 3 are different franchisees also. Conversely last year the Reno/Sparks Popeyes dining rooms closed, but they are open again now (they seem to close on random days but they are supposed to be open every day no exceptions).

Many CA Popeyes run a "Tuesday special" (the Reno ones don't run it) that gives a 2 piece for 1.59 or 2.29 or something without a requirement to spend $5 or order through the app.