Lack Of Air Conditioning At Stores

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Lack Of Air Conditioning At Stores

Post by ClownLoach »

On top of all this I was made aware of parts shortage problems for many HVAC systems which are causing weeks long breakdowns that ordinarily would be fixed within hours. The supply chain shortages are nowhere near resolved. Many appliances are still backordered for months, such as dishwashers and gas dryers.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: June 28th, 2022, 10:32 am On top of all this I was made aware of parts shortage problems for many HVAC systems which are causing weeks long breakdowns that ordinarily would be fixed within hours. The supply chain shortages are nowhere near resolved. Many appliances are still backordered for months, such as dishwashers and gas dryers.
Not only are supply chain shortages nowhere near resolved but I think it is actually getting worse and worse. The domino effects keep falling and right when one thing seems fixed another two things are broken.

Until demand falls like a rock or we find some magic job applicants who appear out of nowhere, I see no way out of this.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I noticed a Safeway in Pleasant Hill, California do the LED lighting conversion in the store and the parking lot. The parking lot LED lights were defective and started turning purple and going dim after a short time. The parking lot was dim and dangerous at night. It was so bad that there were many close calls with cars almost hitting each other. Safeway replaced them months later, but then some of the replacements were also defective and they turned dim and purple.

This Safeway also got refrigerator doors on all of the old open air refrigerator cases. They cases are in bad shape, but they added new doors on them anyway. The store looks like it desperately needs a full remodel, but the only thing changed were the mismatched LED light fixtures and new doors. The ceiling tiles are so ugly now. There are old brown ones and new white ones from replacing the light fixture. Could they not even spray paint them to match the old tiles?