Juul E-cigarette Ban

Alpha8472

Juul E-cigarette Ban

Post by Alpha8472 »

Why are they only banning one brand of e-cigarette?

The ban was temporarily put on hold by an appeals court. However, the hold will only last until July 12.

There are a ton of gas stations and smoke shops upset about this. They will have try to sell all of those Juuls as soon as they can.
storewanderer

Re: Juul E-cigarette Ban

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: June 26th, 2022, 8:12 pm Why are they only banning one brand of e-cigarette?

The ban was temporarily put on hold by an appeals court. However, the hold will only last until July 12.

There are a ton of gas stations and smoke shops upset about this. They will have try to sell all of those Juuls as soon as they can.
FDA claims "insufficient data on health and safety." Whatever that means.

I think that can apply to a lot more things than just Juul E-Cigarettes.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

storewanderer wrote: June 26th, 2022, 9:05 pm
Alpha8472 wrote: June 26th, 2022, 8:12 pm Why are they only banning one brand of e-cigarette?

FDA claims "insufficient data on health and safety." Whatever that means.

I think that can apply to a lot more things than just Juul E-Cigarettes.
One of the many articles (which I can't find at the moment) mentioned that Juul has been operating on temporary and conditional FDA approvals since being launched pending delivery of data indicating their e-cigarettes are safe. Apparently, there has been a high instance of lung infections among users of Juul.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: June 26th, 2022, 10:40 pm

One of the many articles (which I can't find at the moment) mentioned that Juul has been operating on temporary and conditional FDA approvals since being launched pending delivery of data indicating their e-cigarettes are safe. Apparently, there has been a high instance of lung infections among users of Juul.
Personally these are not products I would even say should be on the market, but I have to wonder if the high instance of lung infections is due to Juul having a higher share of the users than the various competing brands.

This type of PR should spook all users of this product, and competing products.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

JUUL was singled out now because all of the makers of these products have had to submit research supporting the safety of these products after FDA initially proposed banning them entirely. FDA was given authority to regulate e-cigarettes in 2017. Initially, the makers only had a year to assemble their data, but later it was extended to 2021. JUUL's application is separate from that of other companies. The focus has been on toxicology. JUUL withdrew a number of its flavors in the interim. Some other products were banned by FDA during the previous administration.

In the meantime, the makers of these products have flooded the courts with lawsuits. Tobacco companies own pieces of several companies and their old pr strategy of raising doubt seems to be their strategy here, along with claiming not to market to youth. Kindof an old story.
hotelmetropole

Post by hotelmetropole »

Strangely, they're banning just one brand like Juul, especially when so many e-cigarette brands are out there. I had the same issue when a brand I used, Vuse, got banned. It wasn't enjoyable trying to find another brand that I liked as much.

I've ended up liking Binaries Cabin Vape. They're affordable, which is a big plus for me. Each one costs about $12 for 6000 puffs and has 5% nicotine. They also have a bunch of flavours to choose from. My favourite is Strawberry Watermelon – it has a great taste.