Free Fast Food

mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Free Fast Food

Post by mbz321 »

Bagels wrote: October 1st, 2022, 2:01 pm Lots of app deals are drying up. JITB had a good 2-3 year run with some incredible coupons and deal (listed as app exclusives) but in the past several months I have not received a single coupon, and the app deals is just 2 tacos for $1.
McDonald's still seems to have the best app deals in my area. Now that the local baseball season is ending, the free chicken sandwiches with the win have been replaced by a free Big Mac with $1+ purchase when the football team (Philadelphia Eagles) wins. That and the Free large fry with $1 purchase is still on the app as it has been for months now.

Two weeks ago, Wendy's had a printed Free Breakfast sandwich coupon with any purchase on one of those larger advertising flyers that holds in the weekly supermarket sale ads. Since the expiration was several weeks away, I ran down to the local post office and found a bunch more lying around :lol:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

mbz321 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:19 pm

McDonald's still seems to have the best app deals in my area. Now that the local baseball season is ending, the free chicken sandwiches with the win have been replaced by a free Big Mac with $1+ purchase when the football team (Philadelphia Eagles) wins. That and the Free large fry with $1 purchase is still on the app as it has been for months now.

Two weeks ago, Wendy's had a printed Free Breakfast sandwich coupon with any purchase on one of those larger advertising flyers that holds in the weekly supermarket sale ads. Since the expiration was several weeks away, I ran down to the local post office and found a bunch more lying around :lol:
The McDonalds app in Reno/NorCal has changed the $1 Large Fry promotion to "$1 off Large Fry." Can still get $1 Fry in other regions I've been to in recent months or free any fry with $1 purchase in some regions too.

I noticed that Wendys coupon too, but haven't redeemed any of them yet. I should see if the Wendys I was quite grossed out by is any better in the morning than it is in the afternoon, though that also assumes their door is unlocked to walk in during the morning (lots of assumptions here). Wendy's breakfast they are saying is so successful but it appears to me they have to keep giving food away to drive traffic. First it was the $1 Biscuits, then more recently 2 Biscuits for $3 via the app (this wasn't offered in CA but we had it in NV), now they issued a ton of these free any breakfast sandwich coupons... I actually think this Wendy's breakfast is excellent and I prefer it by far to McDonalds and also prefer it to Carls (though Carls biscuit is bigger).
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

mbz321 wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 9:19 pmMcDonald's still seems to have the best app deals in my area. Now that the local baseball season is ending, the free chicken sandwiches with the win have been replaced by a free Big Mac with $1+ purchase when the football team (Philadelphia Eagles) wins. That and the Free large fry with $1 purchase is still on the app as it has been for months now.
For several years, McD's had sweet deals -- free McFlurry if the Kings scored X goals, free Big Mac if UCLA or USC's football teams won, free sandwich of your choice if the Lakers advanced, etc. (This was pre-app as well as the app's early days). In the past couple years, these have been replaced with basic deals like "free small soft drink if USC blows out its opponent."
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Free meal at Zaxby's for updating or downloading the rewards app.

https://www.brandeating.com/2022/10/zax ... e-app.html
babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by babs »

Was surprised to see McDonald's bring back the free 6pc Chicken McNuggets app offer if the Portland Trail Blazers score 100 pts. I figured it was for sure a goner.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

babs wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 7:50 pm Was surprised to see McDonald's bring back the free 6pc Chicken McNuggets app offer if the Portland Trail Blazers score 100 pts. I figured it was for sure a goner.
The franchisees group in each region votes on these promotions and while traveling around it is interesting to see how some regions have kept these types of promotions going while other regions have eliminated them.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

There are some Halloween deals at restaurants:

IHOP is giving away a free Scary Face pancakes to kids 12 and under on Halloween from 4 to 10 PM.

7-Eleven is offering a buy one get one free large pizza on Halloween.

https://www.brandeating.com/2022/10/202 ... cials.html
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Wendys is offering 5 days of free items supposedly.

I guess 10/27 was a free Large Fries with any purchase.

Not sure what happens the next 4 days.

Does Jack in the Box do anything anymore? I deleted their new app from my phone, it no longer lets me log in. I gave up since they're closed most of the times when I try to go there anyway.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's:
Thursday, October 27: You can get a FREE Large Hot & Crispy Fry with any purchase.
Friday, October 28: You can get a Buy One Get One Dave's Single.
Saturday, October 29: Get a FREE Small Chili with any purchase.
Sunday, October 30: You take advantage of a Buy One Get One Spicy Chicken Sandwich offer.
Monday, October 31: Finally, get a FREE Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger with any purchase.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/w ... -large-fry

The new Jack In The Box App is terrible. I can't even sign in with my old password now. They want you to reset your password.

Jack In The Box really knows how to drive away customers. The only deal is 2 tacos for $1. There are no other deals at all.