Free Fast Food

storewanderer

Re: Free Fast Food

Post by storewanderer »

Bagels wrote: July 16th, 2022, 1:05 pm At the locations I frequent, Munchie Meals are still $6 after 9PM - unquestionably the best deal on the menu.

I don't think the offers on JITB's app are user specific (other than birthday, anniversary, etc. coupons) but rather distributed to accounts that have been active over X days. It's likely a deterrent to prevent account creation when popular coupons are offered (e.g. multiple accounts for a 20% off, free shake, $1 premium chicken sandwich, etc.) Most couponers get around this by maintaining multiple accounts at all times, but the average person isn't going to remember the throwaway account they created one time only.
One of the funny things I've noticed with JITB's app is when you place an order on it, then tell it you are at store for pick up, it takes close to 2 minutes for it to show up at the restaurant's screen. At Wendys the order shows up immediately, and McDonalds takes less than 10 seconds.

Amazing the Munchie Meal is still $6 after 9 PM down there in SoCal. I am on their app right now looking at a Reno location and the meal is $8 and sandwich only is $6. Well, most stuff is cheaper in SoCal than Reno anyway so why should this be any different.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Jack In The Box app orders take a long time compared to other chains. I just hit the "Prepare food," button 5 to 7 minutes before I get to the restaurant. Many times I have to tell the people at the pickup window that I have a prepaid mobile order. They just assume I am the next customer that still needs to pay for my order.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: July 16th, 2022, 11:26 pm Jack In The Box app orders take a long time compared to other chains. I just hit the "Prepare food," button 5 to 7 minutes before I get to the restaurant. Many times I have to tell the people at the pickup window that I have a prepaid mobile order. They just assume I am the next customer that still needs to pay for my order.
I've had that experience with Popeyes and Wendys on mobile order drive through. I don't think I've ever done a Jack in the Box order via drive through mobile. I just leave if inside is closed.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: July 16th, 2022, 12:16 am Jack in the Box had a 15% off coupon for 4th of July. I hadn't gotten into a Jack in the Box in a while but found one that was actually open inside, it even had iced tea out self serve at the beverage counter. It seemed well staffed but the manager was on drive through and seemed to be coughing a lot. Luckily no issues from that.
Could always be something totally not an issue (such as someone who has allergies or similar, or even just a dry throat that causes them to cough). One might suspect that if they are working, they know it isn't a problem (particularly as someone in charge) :)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

BillyGr wrote: July 17th, 2022, 12:28 pm

Could always be something totally not an issue (such as someone who has allergies or similar, or even just a dry throat that causes them to cough). One might suspect that if they are working, they know it isn't a problem (particularly as someone in charge) :)
It is a tough situation. You aren't supposed to work sick, especially the past two years, but if it is either you work or the business can't open since you are in charge... hunkering down at drive through furthest from exposed food, I can see how someone may decide to do that. Not saying it is a great decision but I noticed this manager making a pretty heavy effort to not touch any food (was taking orders and taking payments though).

Another one at a grocery store I go to recently, basically the entire salaried management team was sick, ranging from very sick to sick but not completely out of it. The choice was that one person who was sick but not completely out of it worked sick, or they had to bring someone from another location to run it. The other locations also being short staffed. The other locations already having to send people for the hours this person who was working sick was off shift. So that one person wore a mask and hid in the office away from people as much as possible.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Many restaurants are suffering from sick employees recently. McDonald's is shorthanded near me as the employees said many people have caught COVID and are out sick again. The new variant can reinfect you even if you got COVID even a month ago.

Pharmacies are another hot spot. Every single day you are face to face with unmasked people picking up medications. These days doctors prescribe the new COVID pill Paxlovid over the phone and then COVID positive patients walk right into the pharmacy and wait in line for 20 minutes coughing everywhere. I would say that if you work in a pharmacy or fast food restaurant 90 percent will catch COVID. It is unavoidable now. The problem is that now employees are catching it so often that they go to work sick anyway and spread it to customers and coworkers. It is a never-ending cycle.

The only thing that would help is a properly fitted N95 mask that is totally snug on your face. Those cheap blue masks have gaps all around the edges.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: July 17th, 2022, 1:20 pm
BillyGr wrote: July 17th, 2022, 12:28 pm

It is a tough situation. You aren't supposed to work sick, especially the past two years, but if it is either you work or the business can't open since you are in charge... hunkering down at drive through furthest from exposed food, I can see how someone may decide to do that. Not saying it is a great decision but I noticed this manager making a pretty heavy effort to not touch any food (was taking orders and taking payments though).

Another one at a grocery store I go to recently, basically the entire salaried management team was sick, ranging from very sick to sick but not completely out of it. The choice was that one person who was sick but not completely out of it worked sick, or they had to bring someone from another location to run it. The other locations also being short staffed. The other locations already having to send people for the hours this person who was working sick was off shift. So that one person wore a mask and hid in the office away from people as much as possible.
That was the point - these people are NOT sick, they have long term conditions that cause them to cough but have nothing that can be spread to others. So, if this occurs regularly, they would never be able to be employed due to something that causes NO issues to the customers, based on what you are suggesting, and that makes ZERO sense!
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's is offering free medium fries with any Frosty purchase on their app until July 31. Jack In the Box is offering 2 medium orders of fries for $2 total. That works out to $1 each and you can get curly or regular fries.

Burger King has a buy one get one free Whopper on their app as well as free fries with any purchase.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Wawa had free drinks the other day for their 10th anniversary in Florida
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Del Taco has a buy one get one free crispy chicken Taco. Must use app. It is normally $1.49. Del Taco seems much cheaper than Taco Bell and the quality seems better.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on July 25th, 2022, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.