Amazon targets coordinated fake reviews

Covering the wide world of online shopping!
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Amazon targets coordinated fake reviews

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://press.aboutamazon.com/news-rele ... ial-media/

Amazon has filed lawsuits against the administrators of over 10,000 Facebook groups that have been used to solicit and coordinate fake reviews of products sold on Amazon, typically by offering free products or cash for reviews. One such group was reported to have over 43,000 users before being removed from Facebook, In some cases, it was also reported that some sellers would "review bomb" competing products with fake positive reviews to get them removed from the marketplace for fake reviews.
Alpha8472

Re: Amazon targets coordinated fake reviews

Post by Alpha8472 »

Amazon has so many items with 5 stars. I cannot believe that these items are such perfection that there are thousands of adoring reviews and they are all sold from some foreign country with limited information as to what brand actually makes the item. I cannot trust the reviews on Amazon.com since so many of them seem like they are all 5 stars.

I have to go on price for Amazon purchases. The cheapest items are often some of the worst. I have to choose something on the low side, but not too low. It is best to pay a little more and get a higher quality product. In some cases, I have to insist on the brand name item. The cheap foreign knock off items look really questionable.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Amazon targets coordinated fake reviews

Post by buckguy »

Brian Lutz wrote: July 19th, 2022, 1:54 pm https://press.aboutamazon.com/news-rele ... ial-media/

Amazon has filed lawsuits against the administrators of over 10,000 Facebook groups that have been used to solicit and coordinate fake reviews of products sold on Amazon, typically by offering free products or cash for reviews. One such group was reported to have over 43,000 users before being removed from Facebook, In some cases, it was also reported that some sellers would "review bomb" competing products with fake positive reviews to get them removed from the marketplace for fake reviews.
Yet, they continue to have Vine and allow people in the "Harriet Klausner tradition" to submit obviously superficial (at best) reviews. One of the longtime Amazon top reviewers is a former colleague of a friend and apparently an obvious fraud whose had problems with a professional license because of fraud in that area, too.