Domino's Pizza Delivery Driver Shortage Leads To Call Center Use

Alpha8472

Domino's Pizza Delivery Driver Shortage Leads To Call Center Use

Post by Alpha8472 »

Domino's is so short of delivery drivers that it has outsourced phone calls to call centers. They have had a driver shortage for over a year, but now it seems like no one wants to be a delivery driver. They are forcing more employees who used to take calls to drive. About 40 percent of the restaurants are using call centers to take orders.

There is a delivery fee and then the driver's need a tip. This is really expensive.
storewanderer

Re: Domino's Pizza Delivery Driver Shortage Leads To Call Center Use

Post by storewanderer »

This is nothing new. Various restaurants have done this for years on take out orders. Famous Dave's in my area I recall calling for a to go order at least 10 years ago and after very enthusiastic "Famous Kevin" or whatever his name was introduced himself I had some special requests (lean brisket, extra crispy fries, etc.) and when I went to pick up, the employees who helped me seemed like a bunch of depressed people, and disinterested. Then I noticed none of my special requests had been honored. When I asked to speak to "Famous Kevin" thinking he could help me better than the people who I had met so far there, I was told the orders were all taken by a third party and transmitted to the restaurant via POS system.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Domino's Pizza Delivery Driver Shortage Leads To Call Center Use

Post by Romr123 »

Had a friend who worked in the late '00s in the back office of a 10-store McDonalds franchisee which was an early adopter of using an outsourced call center to take orders in the drivethrough. Nothing new under the sun. Her background was in telecom, so she was able to champion it.