Albertsons' new store in Meridian

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
pseudo3d

Albertsons' new store in Meridian

Post by pseudo3d »

The new store at Amity Road and Eagle Road is set to open tomorrow (July 23). It looks a lot like the Albertsons Market Street exterior, but obviously is smaller (half the size) and doesn't have the extra amenities, though will include a fresh popcorn counter.

https://boisedev.com/news/2022/07/21/al ... n-opening/
https://archive.ph/O6M24
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Albertsons' new store in Meridian

Post by SamSpade »

I wonder if they'll also be 'circling your savings' in red markers at this newly opened store.
Encountered this on the other side of the state in the intermountain division. Also, it's wild how different the merchandise is from the Portland/Safeway division vs. intermountain.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: July 25th, 2022, 9:39 am I wonder if they'll also be 'circling your savings' in red markers at this newly opened store.
Encountered this on the other side of the state in the intermountain division. Also, it's wild how different the merchandise is from the Portland/Safeway division vs. intermountain.
I haven't seen a store on the circle the savings program in many years. I really shake my head if there is a corporate directive to go back to that. Also can't believe a store would take it upon itself to go back to that again.

Intermountain has a much wider product mix than Safeway. I think they do a far better job on meat, grocery, drug, liquor (basing that on Elko where they actually have a full liquor department...) and deli. Bakery is a toss up more store dependent than region dependent. Safeway does better with produce.
Super S

Post by Super S »

SamSpade wrote: July 25th, 2022, 9:39 am I wonder if they'll also be 'circling your savings' in red markers at this newly opened store.
It's easier to maintain a consistent focus when you only have one banner in the market. I was in Boise in June, and thought that the Albertsons stores I stopped at seemed to be better merchandised overall than the Albertsons and Safeway locations closer to Portland. Prices were still on the high side, but the stores looked good.

I would take "circle your savings" or the old "bonus buys" program any day over the card programs.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Super S wrote: August 7th, 2022, 8:27 am

It's easier to maintain a consistent focus when you only have one banner in the market. I was in Boise in June, and thought that the Albertsons stores I stopped at seemed to be better merchandised overall than the Albertsons and Safeway locations closer to Portland. Prices were still on the high side, but the stores looked good.

I would take "circle your savings" or the old "bonus buys" program any day over the card programs.
The Intermountain group is running Safeway banner stores in various markets in CO/MT too though. I think there may be some random towns in MT where they have both banners going on but no large markets. What is funny is some of those stores are "no card required" and others do still require the club card.
Carbon87
Cart Collector
Cart Collector

Post by Carbon87 »

They have Safeway and Albertsons co-existing in Cheyenne.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Carbon87 wrote: August 9th, 2022, 4:46 pm They have Safeway and Albertsons co-existing in Cheyenne.
Those are Denver division. Same situation still in Pueblo and that Albertsons just remodeled into the heritage interior full of Albertsons logos.