Panera Bread Sacramento Country Club closed

norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Panera Bread Sacramento Country Club closed

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

This apparently happened in the past year or two based on final Google and/or Yelp reviews.This was in the parking lot of the former Montgomery Ward/Walmart which is being downsized/converted to an Amazon fresh in a building shared with a Chipotle.It was one of four local Panera locations that I've patronized on at least an occasional basis(Howe/Northrop, Rancho Cordova,and Citrus Heights all remain open.).I only found out yesterday after I was hungry for lunch after getting a haircut and doing essential shopping (involving more birthday gift rewards)in the Watt Arden area(RAD included).While waiting for a bus,I tried to place an app order but Country Club wasn't listed so I had to detour to the Howe location and then was able to complete the order while riding a different bus route.It was upon arrival at that location that staff confirmed the Country Club closure with one suggesting it never fully reopened after the initial lockdown closures.Was this shock closure an anomaly or a warning sign?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Re: Panera Bread Sacramento Country Club closed

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: July 27th, 2022, 10:41 pm This apparently happened in the past year or two based on final Google and/or Yelp reviews.This was in the parking lot of the former Montgomery Ward/Walmart which is being downsized/converted to an Amazon fresh in a building shared with a Chipotle.It was one of four local Panera locations that I've patronized on at least an occasional basis(Howe/Northrop, Rancho Cordova,and Citrus Heights all remain open.).I only found out yesterday after I was hungry for lunch after getting a haircut and doing essential shopping (involving more birthday gift rewards)in the Watt Arden area(RAD included).While waiting for a bus,I tried to place an app order but Country Club wasn't listed so I had to detour to the Howe location and then was able to complete the order while riding a different bus route.It was upon arrival at that location that staff confirmed the Country Club closure with one suggesting it never fully reopened after the initial lockdown closures.Was this shock closure an anomaly or a warning sign?

Country Club is a busy intersection but maybe it was no longer working for Panera. Is there any similar concept nearby? Tough to think the closure of Wal Mart hurt traffic enough that Panera didn't work but that may have been a factor too. Amazon Fresh won't even come close to the traffic Wal Mart had. Also Michael's relocated its store away from there too didn't they? That probably also hurt Panera traffic.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

The one remaining Arden arcade location on Howe/Northrop(nwc)is an older location (definitely opened before Citrus Heights which is a converted Krispy Kreme),but is in close proximity to both Arden Fair Mall and CSUS and has plenty of indoor seating and does decent business despite a La bou just a block or two up.Another proposed location in the Point West Plaza parking lot opposite Arden Fair (near Kohl's and Hobby Lobby)has yet to come into fruition.

Interesting that a raising cane's is going up in that same Country Club Center parking lot.Maybe that intersection may be more suited for fast food instead of healthier fast casual fare(a newer Popeyes on the Watt el Camino nec sits on the site of a former gas station that was long branded as shell but closed as either tesoro or a non-branded independent).

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: July 27th, 2022, 11:38 pm The one remaining Arden arcade location on Howe/Northrop(nwc)is an older location (definitely opened before Citrus Heights which is a converted Krispy Kreme),but is in close proximity to both Arden Fair Mall and CSUS and has plenty of indoor seating and does decent business despite a La bou just a block or two up.Another proposed location in the Point West Plaza parking lot opposite Arden Fair (near Kohl's and Hobby Lobby)has yet to come into fruition.

Interesting that a raising cane's is going up in that same Country Club Center parking lot.Maybe that intersection may be more suited for fast food instead of healthier fast casual fare(a newer Popeyes on the Watt el Camino nec sits on the site of a former gas station that was long branded as shell but closed as either tesoro or a non-branded independent).

Raising Cane's seems to be trying to find any busy location they can to expand. They seem to play well in busy lower middle class areas and in areas with a lot of young people around, at least at this point. Almost everyone I know loves Raising Cane's. I question the longevity of their popularity, I find their food to be a bland and tasteless joke, but one thing I'll give them- that food, it is served steaming hot every time. The fries may not always be cooked well but the fries and chicken are very hot without fail every time. I'd take Popeyes any day over Raising Cane's, far better product in every way.

About 1 in 10 visits to Raising Canes I get chicken that actually has some flavor to it. It is very odd.

Why do I keep going back? Well, they are reliable in their food and service... I've never seen anything there that makes me concerned from a sanitation standpoint.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Raising Cane's is the Abercrombie of fast food--bland and patronized by empty-headed blonde high school and college bros.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Caine’s secret is their spicy sauce. Popeyes chicken seems to be over cooked half the time you get it, the same with KFC-and over cooked chicken is inedible.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

jamcool wrote: July 28th, 2022, 9:58 am Caine’s secret is their spicy sauce. Popeyes chicken seems to be over cooked half the time you get it, the same with KFC-and over cooked chicken is inedible.
Panera has a new chicken sandwich for like $, I am not sure, but very high dollars. I wonder how it is.

Cane's sauce is little more than a Utah Frysauce with a couple spices mixed in. Great marketing though.
ninersdd
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by ninersdd »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: July 27th, 2022, 11:38 pm The one remaining Arden arcade location on Howe/Northrop(nwc)is an older location (definitely opened before Citrus Heights which is a converted Krispy Kreme),but is in close proximity to both Arden Fair Mall and CSUS and has plenty of indoor seating and does decent business despite a La bou just a block or two up.Another proposed location in the Point West Plaza parking lot opposite Arden Fair (near Kohl's and Hobby Lobby)has yet to come into fruition.

That part of Arden Arcade was the home of a lot of "old" money and has seemingly gotten progressively worse. Seems like the only constants on that intersection have been the bowling alley, Hof Brau, and Emighs hardware. That was also the home of a major Tower Records(Which of course closed in 2006). Lots of homeless/questionable people on that intersection as well.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The new Signature Take Chicken sandwich is $12.49 in Northern California. It comes with a free side which is a tiny piece of bread, apple, or small bag of chips. The price is outrageous. However, they are selling gift cards for 20 percent off until September 5.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: July 29th, 2022, 10:44 pm The new Signature Take Chicken sandwich is $12.49 in Northern California. It comes with a free side which is a tiny piece of bread, apple, or small bag of chips. The price is outrageous. However, they are selling gift cards for 20 percent off until September 5.
I don't understand how a piece of bread as a side item makes any sense when you are selling a sandwich (already on bread....). Pretty weird.

12.49 is crazy, that must be a great sandwich.