Albertsons Remodels

California. No non-grocery posts.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Albertsons Remodels

Post by ClownLoach »

Albertsons definitely seems to have a focus on eliminating the "Premium Fresh and Healthy" decor as well as remaining Sav-On pharmacy signs. Every Premium format I've visited lately is under construction being remodeled to the "Florida" decor. All getting really bad concrete floors too.

Also noticed that in Huntington Beach (downtown on Main St.) they have remodeled this 2000 Era store to add the full Pavilions expanded liquor dept. without Pavilions decor or branding. Six aisles of liquor and wine including ultra premium brands. But it is Florida decor. Maybe the Pavilions brand is on the back burner again?
Attachments
20220805_192809.jpg
storewanderer

Re: Albertsons Remodels

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: August 5th, 2022, 7:41 pm Albertsons definitely seems to have a focus on eliminating the "Premium Fresh and Healthy" decor as well as remaining Sav-On pharmacy signs. Every Premium format I've visited lately is under construction being remodeled to the "Florida" decor. All getting really bad concrete floors too.

Also noticed that in Huntington Beach (downtown on Main St.) they have remodeled this 2000 Era store to add the full Pavilions expanded liquor dept. without Pavilions decor or branding. Six aisles of liquor and wine including ultra premium brands. But it is Florida decor. Maybe the Pavilions brand is on the back burner again?
SoCal didn't seem to be doing much with the Florida decor instead featuring Pavilions, cheap repaint Lifestyle, or Colorful Lifestyle. It is interesting they are now on that Florida decor.

I think it is time for a new decor package (time to retire Florida; it probably shouldn't have been exported from Florida in the first place).
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

It seems that the newer Safeway units locally(Sacramento Curtis Park, El Dorado Hills serrano)have opened with the Florida decor along with citrus Heights (1996 pak-n-save conversion)being remodeled into that decor (previously had the first version of the lifestyle decor).I don't know if the 'modern' decor is the same as this or different.Prior to Albertsons being split in the mid-2000's a few local units(mostly acquired Lucky units except for Stanford Ranch which was the only new build of that era)had yet another decor package I don't know the name of(may still be preserved in the units sold off to save Mart).

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: August 6th, 2022, 1:26 pm It seems that the newer Safeway units locally(Sacramento Curtis Park, El Dorado Hills serrano)have opened with the Florida decor along with citrus Heights (1996 pak-n-save conversion)being remodeled into that decor (previously had the first version of the lifestyle decor).I don't know if the 'modern' decor is the same as this or different.Prior to Albertsons being split in the mid-2000's a few local units(mostly acquired Lucky units except for Stanford Ranch which was the only new build of that era)had yet another decor package I don't know the name of(may still be preserved in the units sold off to save Mart).

Florida and Modern are the same interior. There are some different levels of this interior (backgrounds, lighting, etc.) but same general interior.

Stanford Ranch Albertsons had the "grocery palace" interior. A number of other Albertsons that were remodeled out of Lucky decor had what is termed the industrial interior (I call it the Larry interior) around Sacramento.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

storewanderer wrote: August 6th, 2022, 10:12 pm

Florida and Modern are the same interior. There are some different levels of this interior (backgrounds, lighting, etc.) but same general interior.

Stanford Ranch Albertsons had the "grocery palace" interior. A number of other Albertsons that were remodeled out of Lucky decor had what is termed the industrial interior (I call it the Larry interior) around Sacramento.
Stanford Ranch (Rocklin) looks to still have some Grocery Palace elements intact. Looking up the liquor records, this store opened in late 2002. At that point, Albertsons was doing away with that model of store and started building more stores with the Jewel interior and layout.
The Save Mart on Fair Oaks in Sacramento still has elements of what I call the "Wegmans Wannabe" interior. A few stores in SoCal got this interior (the store in Corona Del Mar had this interior)
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote:

Stanford Ranch (Rocklin) looks to still have some Grocery Palace elements intact. Looking up the liquor records, this store opened in late 2002. At that point, Albertsons was doing away with that model of store and started building more stores with the Jewel interior and layout.
The Save Mart on Fair Oaks in Sacramento still has elements of what I call the "Wegmans Wannabe" interior. A few stores in SoCal got this interior (the store in Corona Del Mar had this interior)
Having visited the Sacramento loehmann's plaza location at least several times within the past 15 years (all since save Mart has operated this location), I presume that some elements of the Albertsons era expansion remodel may have been intact early on,but save Mart gave it a full remodel roughly five years ago.

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: August 11th, 2022, 7:42 pm
retailfanmitchell019 wrote:

Having visited the Sacramento loehmann's plaza location at least several times within the past 15 years (all since save Mart has operated this location), I presume that some elements of the Albertsons era expansion remodel may have been intact early on,but save Mart gave it a full remodel roughly five years ago.

Save Mart took apart the Fair Oaks store in two parts. First they did their "cheap remodel" to it during conversion. Save Mart's cheap remodels were designed for stores without unique features, so most of the unique features stayed in that one, just got painted over or otherwise cheapened somehow. Then they did a more formal full remodel more recently; that one wiped away a number of the unique features but some did still remain that were out of the scope of the more formal full remodels Save Mart is currently doing. Elements that survived included tile work in all fresh departments, unique ceiling above front end, and some light fixtures. The last Save Mart remodel seriously downgraded the store. It doesn't look bad, but it looked more upscale before.