Burger King Replaces Ch'King Sandwich With BK Royal Crispy Chicken Sandwiches

Alpha8472

Burger King Replaces Ch'King Sandwich With BK Royal Crispy Chicken Sandwiches

Post by Alpha8472 »

Burger King came out with the labor intensive hand-breaded Ch'King chicken sandwich in June 2021. It was a huge piece of chicken, but I found it to be bland. The company is replacing it later this month with a new line of BK Royal Crispy Chicken Sandwiches: Bacon and Swiss Cheese, Southern BBQ, the classic, and Spicy.

https://www.chewboom.com/2022/08/07/new ... his-month/
storewanderer

Re: Burger King Replaces Ch'King Sandwich With BK Royal Crispy Chicken Sandwiches

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 7th, 2022, 10:04 pm Burger King came out with the labor intensive hand-breaded Ch'King chicken sandwich in June 2021. It was a huge piece of chicken, but I found it to be bland. The company is replacing it later this month with a new line of BK Royal Crispy Chicken Sandwiches: Bacon and Swiss Cheese, Southern BBQ, the classic, and Spicy.

https://www.chewboom.com/2022/08/07/new ... his-month/
I heard good things about the hand breaded Ch'King but never tried it. I assumed it was similar to the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich which I also find to be bland and only ordered it twice (the second time.. to figure out if I would be as underwhelmed by it as the first time) before reverting back to long term classic Popeyes items.

It isn't clear if these new sandwiches will be hand breaded or not. I think we can make assumptions pretty safely based on that lack of information. There are some food safety difficulties involved with doing hand breading of chicken and I have been surprised how many burger and supermarket deli type places got into this cycle of doing hand breaded chicken after going to all frozen pre-breaded product in the 90's.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Burger King Replaces Ch'King Sandwich With BK Royal Crispy Chicken Sandwiches

Post by Romr123 »

Darn--we quite liked the ChicKing. Second only to the Popeye's sandwich.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I tried the new BK Royal Crispy Chicken sandwich. It was a thin chicken patty. I honestly thought I was eating the $1.99 value chicken sandwich that many fast food restaurants offer.

The sauce was pretty good, but overall it was a major disappointment. The old Ch'King sandwich had a huge piece of chicken and tasted pretty good. This new chicken sandwich is Burger King trying to spend less by giving us less chicken. The price varies from $4.99 to $6.49 depending on the version.

I probably will not get this again.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Agreed, won't get again. Got the spicy at a Carrol's nearby--it was perfectly serviceable but not for $5.79. Spicy/sweet dunk and a tangy ranch-type sauce with tomato/lettuce. In talking for a moment with the guy at the 1st menu, they had problems with skill level and consistency. He said some people made it really good, others not so much. Clearly lots of labor taken out of the restaurant with this one.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Romr123 wrote: August 21st, 2022, 5:33 am Agreed, won't get again. Got the spicy at a Carrol's nearby--it was perfectly serviceable but not for $5.79. Spicy/sweet dunk and a tangy ranch-type sauce with tomato/lettuce. In talking for a moment with the guy at the 1st menu, they had problems with skill level and consistency. He said some people made it really good, others not so much. Clearly lots of labor taken out of the restaurant with this one.
Did that sandwich come with a time machine? Just wondering, given the chain from which you got it ;)
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

BillyGr wrote: August 22nd, 2022, 11:25 am Did that sandwich come with a time machine? Just wondering, given the chain from which you got it ;)
What I wouldn't give for a Carrol's Club Burger right now.