Arby's Hushpuppy Breaded Fish Strips & Cajun Fish Wrap

Alpha8472

Arby's Hushpuppy Breaded Fish Strips & Cajun Fish Wrap

Post by Alpha8472 »

Arby's has new hushpuppy breaded fish strips. There is also a new Cajun fish wrap with 3 Cajun seasoned fish strips(pollock), lettuce, tomato, and zesty Cajun remoulade in an artisan wrap.

The 3 piece strips cost around $4.29 and the 5 piece is $6.29. The Cajun Fish Wrap is $6.

Has Arby's done fish before?

https://www.brandeating.com/2022/07/arb ... qus_thread
storewanderer

Re: Arby's Hushpuppy Breaded Fish Strips & Cajun Fish Wrap

Post by storewanderer »

Arby's has offered a fish sandwich for Lent for years at the 2 for $5 price point. I've never tried it.

The supplier who makes Hushpuppy breading must be doing well. Popeyes is advertising a Hushpuppy breaded shrimp also. That item has been at Popeyes in the past, but it feels like it has been many years. At Popeyes they have it at 8pc Shrimp/side/biscuit $5 in app or 4pc Shrimp/2pc strip/side/biscuit $6 in app. Popeyes shrimp are bite size, not the best value, but always tasty.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Arby's sometimes has fish sandwiches as a special. They aren't the best I have ever had, but I wouldn't say they are bad either. They do not consistently have them.

Arby's as of late seems to be switching out menu items a little too often. A while back they had turkey sandwiches that I thought were pretty good (on the same bun as the roast beef sandwiches) and they disappeared from the menu. Then you get hyped up products such as the recent burger which in the real world do not live up to all the hype.

I have been going to Arby's less often lately. The original roast beef is not even consistent any more. It's luck of the draw if you get freshly sliced meat or old dried up meat that has been sitting under a heat lamp. On one recent visit the roast beef was so dry it was crumbling and the sandwich was inedible.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Arby's seems to be having quality issues and is losing customers. They seem to think throwing in new items will magically drive up their sales. Perhaps improvements in quality standards is what is needed rather than these temporary new items.

As far as I know there is only 1 restaurant left in the San Francisco Bay Area. They have lost most of their old restaurants.