2 New JCPenney Closings

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
TheBigSmall
Cart Collector
Cart Collector

2 New JCPenney Closings

Post by TheBigSmall »

1. Monmouth Mall JCPenney in Eatontown, NJ
2. The Shops at Fox River JCPenney in Johnsburg, IL

https://www.sb360.com/select-projects/events/
Last edited by TheBigSmall on August 22nd, 2022, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Re: 2 New JCPenney Closings

Post by storewanderer »

I'm impressed there have been so few store closures in the past two years out of this chain.

I see on your link Fallas is going out of business again. I forget if I posted about that previously.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

storewanderer wrote:I'm impressed there have been so few store closures in the past two years out of this chain.

I see on your link Fallas is going out of business again. I forget if I posted about that previously.
Speaking of Fallas,it appears they're now completely out of Sacramento with the closure of the 6300 Mack road location (which I suspect was a Long's that lasted until the early 2000's) a few months back (via Google and Yelp)though it remains listed on their official locator.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: August 21st, 2022, 11:02 pm
storewanderer wrote:I'm impressed there have been so few store closures in the past two years out of this chain.

Speaking of Fallas,it appears they're now completely out of Sacramento with the closure of the 6300 Mack road location (which I suspect was a Long's that lasted until the early 2000's) a few months back (via Google and Yelp)though it remains listed on their official locator.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
There is a newer CVS across the road from 6300 Mack built by CVS, which for some reason I thought was a relocation of an old Longs nearby. But I'm not sure where the old Longs was... maybe it was an actual new store for CVS. It is a larger than typical CVS build from early after they bought Longs. Quite spacious and nice store, compared to what CVS usually builds.

It appears Longs closed 6300 Mack in 2004.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Fallas closed the San Leandro, California store probably within the past month. The store in the Mission District in San Francisco closed at the end of July. The owner plans to reopen the store after the liquidation. I find this shocking.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 21st, 2022, 11:53 pm Fallas closed the San Leandro, California store probably within the past month. The store in the Mission District in San Francisco closed at the end of July. The owner plans to reopen the store after the liquidation. I find this shocking.
Again? This would be at least the second time the owner reopens the stores after liquidation. They already did a liquidation some years ago, then reopened some (not all) stores. They are planning to reopen again?

I have never seen a chain keep liquidating and re-opening like this one.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

TheBigSmall wrote: August 21st, 2022, 6:37 pm 1. Monmouth Mall JCPenney in Eatontown, NJ
2. The Shops at Fox River in Johnsburg, IL

https://www.sb360.com/select-projects/events/
The NJ one that mall is getting redeveloped including some apartments being built, so that likely has as much (or more) to do with the closing than JC Penney itself.