Using an Old Receipt to Illustrate Inflation

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Using an Old Receipt to Illustrate Inflation

Post by storewanderer »

BillyGr wrote: November 13th, 2022, 10:50 am

True - the couple times a reward didn't print, they did just do the points. In one case, it made an even better deal, as they only had the option of $2 or $5 in points (the RR was supposed to be $4), so rather than doing it twice at $2 they just added $5.
That has happened to me multiple times too on the $4 not printing they just give $5.

One time on the $3 not printing they did the $2 twice (had to initiate two transactions for that).

One time the store manager didn't want to issue points but wanted to issue me a gift card instead. Seemed like a more difficult process, but fine with me.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Using an Old Receipt to Illustrate Inflation

Post by SamSpade »

SamSpade wrote: October 17th, 2022, 9:05 am Here's an interesting piece from Boise's hometown newspaper, The Idaho Statesman. Even with a much smaller storebase, Fred Meyer must be charging closer to Walmart than Albertsons price points.
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2022/10/w ... er-prices/
(used this link as Statesman has a paywall after a limited number of page views)
So I used these same items and price-checked in Portland, Ore. area. Surprisingly, Fred Meyer was slightly more expensive than Safeway. QFC was significantly moreso.
ACI vs Fred Meyer vs QFC quick price check