Applebee's Operations

Alpha8472

Applebee's Operations

Post by Alpha8472 »

Applebee's is getting desperate. They are offering all you can eat boneless wings for $12.99. It comes with fries or coleslaw.

Has anyone noticed recent closures in the past few years?
storewanderer

Re: Applebee's Operations

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 30th, 2022, 5:24 pm Applebee's is getting desperate. They are offering all you can eat boneless wings for $12.99. It comes with fries or coleslaw.

Far fewer closures than I'd expect.

I wonder if the wings are microwaved like their chicken strips used to be. The fries were generally fine.

Terrible food.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 30th, 2022, 5:24 pm Applebee's is getting desperate. They are offering all you can eat boneless wings for $12.99. It comes with fries or coleslaw.

Well, my local location closed during COVID (the reviews were worst than an average Applebee's, apparently)...and another one in Houston (Hwy. 290) closed before COVID.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Boneless “wings”-A chicken nugget.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

jamcool wrote: August 30th, 2022, 11:12 pm Boneless “wings”-A chicken nugget.
Safeway thinks those are worth 9.99/lb in NorCal/NV now and they do not even run promotions on them anymore.

They also throw tons of them away every night... maybe if they cut the price they'd sell more. That would be too simple. WinCo can somehow sell them at 4.98/lb (cold; they don't sell them hot).
reymann
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by reymann »

i'm suprised the applebee's on west shaw in fresno hasn't closed yet, i haven't seen a large volume at that location in a long time. dine brands hasn't been doing great in the past few years, IHOP has struggled along with applebee's.
Super S

Post by Super S »

There was a closure in Vancouver, WA in Hazel Dell a few years back. More recently, IHOP has closed several locations around Portland as well as one location in Vancouver.

Applebee's is a chain I have never understood. Bad service on nearly every visit and high priced food that is mediocre at best. I don't understand why this chain even exists.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Applebee's is offering 5 chicken wings for $1 when you buy a hand-crafted burger. This is desperation if they are losing money on these chicken wings.

The burgers range from $19.59 Impossible Burger or Swiss Burger to $16.59 for a classic burger in San Francisco. The suburbs have a range of $13.99 to $10.99.

The prices are so high, I don't know how these restaurants even manage to sell any of these burgers.

Chicken tenders and fries is $16.59. A grilled chicken breast is $17.99.

Salad plates: $19.59 to $18.79

Donut holes $12.59, Cinnabon mini swirls $12.79...

Here are the deals: 2 Entrees & 1 appetizer for $28.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Those 5 Boneless Wings probably don't have a cost much above $1 for 5 for the raw material (labor... another story).

Pulled a Reno location. The 2 for is a 2 for $25.

Classic Burger 10.99.

Swiss Burger 13.99.

Impossible Burger 13.79.

Chicken Tenders Plate 11.79 or platter 12.99

I see the San Francisco Applebee's is at Fisherman's Wharf. This is near the Krispy Kreme that closed which had the most outrageous prices ever seen (2.29 for a glazed donut or something). San Francisco is high priced but that Fisherman's Wharf area takes it to a new level giving the real screw to many families and/or International tourists. Also sounds like at that Applebee's you order via a tablet at the table and also pay the tablet. I'm familiar with paying the tablets but not ordering from them... Just read a review of someone who ordered Fish and Chips at the Fisherman's Wharf Applebee's and did not have good things to say about them. I guess we all get in a bind from time to time and make some odd decisions but to order fish there given the various other local fresh caught fish options including multiple food cart/truck type operations right there........
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

They are adding drive thru pick up windows and are contemplating whether to add even more.

https://www.nrn.com/casual-dining/apple ... up-windows