Habit Burger

Alpha8472

Habit Burger

Post by Alpha8472 »

Habit Burger is trying something new for a limited time: Roasted garlic cauliflower. It is non-fried and vegetarian for $3.99.

Do customers want non-fried vegetarian fast food?
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Habit Burger

Post by jamcool »

Probably not.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Alpha8472 wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 1:10 pm Habit Burger is trying something new for a limited time: Roasted garlic cauliflower. It is non-fried and vegetarian for $3.99.

Do customers want non-fried vegetarian fast food?
Sure, why not?
Better than the typical cancer causing fast food offerings.

;)

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/health/u ... index.html
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Tried Habit in Sparks. Location was not busy and was marginally clean. Prep area looked cleaner than the seating area or restrooms looked and things looked to be in good order back there. It was fairly well staffed. They were using the BBQ portion to cook the burgers and I saw flames coming up during the cooking process. Somehow despite not being busy it took them over 10 minutes for a one burger order but the burger I received was piping hot and as good as could be. The single burger without cheese is now 5.19 and a small drink is 2.59. These prices are higher than Sacramento. Did not order fries but the fried items were all well over $3. Cheese was .80 extra. YUCK has sure increased prices at Habit. The bun was basically falling apart, not sure what the deal with it was, but still tasted great.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I see lots of cars in the Habit parking lot in Dublin, California when I pass by most days in the early evening around 7. It is expensive, but people still go there. It is not as popular as In N Out, but people still like it. The location has no drive thru.

However, after 9 PM it us really empty. I don't know why they are open until 10 PM. There are very few customers after 9 PM.

If it did have a drive-thru the customer traffic would probably be higher.

Habit appeals to a higher income crowd. Burger King is just too boring and low class for some people. The grilled tuna, grilled pineapple, fried green beans, and sweet potato fries are unique. You won't find that at most fast food places.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Noticed that the official headquarters address for Habit is now 1 Glen Bell Way in Irvine... The Taco Bell headquarters. So now they're operating within the same facility. There were rumors posted on another thread that Taco Bell was downsizing the facility to move out of state, but looks like they instead doubled down on the facility and moved in the Habit.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: September 29th, 2022, 4:51 pm Noticed that the official headquarters address for Habit is now 1 Glen Bell Way in Irvine... The Taco Bell headquarters. So now they're operating within the same facility. There were rumors posted on another thread that Taco Bell was downsizing the facility to move out of state, but looks like they instead doubled down on the facility and moved in the Habit.
Taco Bell has Irvine HQ through 2030; new lease was signed in 2019 on the HQ. The building did change ownership in 2021.

I suppose if they moved it would not be difficult to move Habit with them, given Habit likely has a small staff size.

I kind of doubt Taco Bell would move out of state, they've always been in CA, not sure how much reason there is to leave the HQ given YUCK is officially based in some other state anyway.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

Every Habit (at least corporate locations) had the same pricing, but no more. At the location I frequent, a Double Char is now $6.99 (no cheese) and 10-piece chicken bites are $9.99. A location a couple miles up the road has them for $5.69 and $6.99, respectively. Both are corporate owned.

Pricing deviation is crazy these days. A cobb salad at Farmer Boy's in Laguna Hills is $4 more than in Santa Ana, for example.
storewanderer wrote: September 29th, 2022, 10:00 pm
ClownLoach wrote: September 29th, 2022, 4:51 pm Noticed that the official headquarters address for Habit is now 1 Glen Bell Way in Irvine... The Taco Bell headquarters. So now they're operating within the same facility. There were rumors posted on another thread that Taco Bell was downsizing the facility to move out of state, but looks like they instead doubled down on the facility and moved in the Habit.
Taco Bell has Irvine HQ through 2030; new lease was signed in 2019 on the HQ. The building did change ownership in 2021.

I suppose if they moved it would not be difficult to move Habit with them, given Habit likely has a small staff size.

I kind of doubt Taco Bell would move out of state, they've always been in CA, not sure how much reason there is to leave the HQ given YUCK is officially based in some other state anyway.
Taco Bell has previously said it would've likely moved to Texas, had Ford not given them a sweetheart deal. Ford ended up selling the building at a loss, less than a decade after it built it; the building was flipped for a huge profit a decade later....