Raising Canes and Pricing

Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Raising Canes and Pricing

Post by Bagels »

storewanderer wrote: September 6th, 2022, 9:52 pm Farmer Boys sound like absolute pricks. I suppose it is impressive their tow truck company was monitoring it so closely. I assume they called and tipped them off unless the tow truck driver was lurking in the lot watching for people to "park and leave" (this tactic is common up at Lake Tahoe, especially the parking lot with the Raleys at state line CA). I have been involved with businesses in the past who have posted signs about customer parking only/tow truck and the arrangement we had was basically if we called and asked them to tow a specific vehicle and they came and towed it (often would take days for them to even show up), it was no benefit whatsoever to us, other than to get the vehicle off of the property.

The Popeyes locations in Reno have done extremely well. They are some very high volume units and have done well from day one, well above average performing for Popeyes. I notice the locations in Sacramento suburbs just have a trickle of business, but a few older 30+ year old ones more toward the middle of Sacramento run high volumes. The Popeyes that took over a string of KFCs in Chico/Redding/Yuba City/Oroville areas have done quite poorly, I am surprised they are still open; those units were more productive as KFCs but the franchisee got into trouble and YUCK didn't try to save them.
Farmer Boys called the tow company. In CA, if you park in a reserved spot in a public lot, you may be towed only after an hour has passed, and I was in-and-out of Cane's in 20+ minutes. I should've sued the owner, but I know the practice is common - Ralph's in Laguna will nail you the moment you leave their lot.

You convinced me to stop at Popeye's. The 6-piece meal is $10.99 with a coupon in MV, but does not come with a drink, so it's slightly cheaper than KFC (we didn't need the drink anyway) Food was very good, but they would only give us two sauces. At least they're good-sized, KFC shrunk theirs not long ago.
storewanderer

Re: Raising Canes and Pricing

Post by storewanderer »

Bagels wrote: September 7th, 2022, 4:43 pm

Farmer Boys called the tow company. In CA, if you park in a reserved spot in a public lot, you may be towed only after an hour has passed, and I was in-and-out of Cane's in 20+ minutes. I should've sued the owner, but I know the practice is common - Ralph's in Laguna will nail you the moment you leave their lot.

You convinced me to stop at Popeye's. The 6-piece meal is $10.99 with a coupon in MV, but does not come with a drink, so it's slightly cheaper than KFC (we didn't need the drink anyway) Food was very good, but they would only give us two sauces. At least they're good-sized, KFC shrunk theirs not long ago.
Ralphs seems to have a thing about parking. They put signs in all of the NorCal Store lots about parking, 90 minute limit, 2 hour limit, whatever it was. It was funny to see those signs in, say, Auburn or Grass Valley, because in these remote areas, those types of signs with a set explicit time limit just don't exist in parking lots. They were fitting enough around San Francisco with the small parking lots.

Popeyes is supposedly having a sauce shortage. My most recent order of 3 pieces of bone in chicken yielded 6 containers of sauce at no charge. A couple days prior I was told sauce is limit 1 per 3 tenders otherwise costs .39 and no more free sauce with sandwiches or bone in (same location, different employee). I said okay and got my card back out. I wasn't in the mood to argue, would rather pay and get what I want. I am aware the sauce packets invoice to the store at about .22 each. The sauce came up .00 on the register and they then charged me for "jalapeno .39" for the 2 sauces. Only charged me the .39 one time though.

If you want to see a giant sauce container go to Dairy Queen, I think it is 2x the size of the Popeyes one.