QuickTrip To Enter Chicago in 2023

Alpha8472

QuickTrip To Enter Chicago in 2023

Post by Alpha8472 »

They will open 3 stores in the Chicago metro area.

https://www.csnews.com/quiktrip-will-enter-chicago-2023
storewanderer

Re: QuickTrip To Enter Chicago in 2023

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: September 25th, 2022, 6:34 pm They will open 3 stores in the Chicago metro area.

https://www.csnews.com/quiktrip-will-enter-chicago-2023
This should be a successful market entry for them though I wonder how crowded the market is. I also wonder how well BP will defend things there both for their BP dealer sites (many of which used to be corporate BP sites with AM PM and before that BP Connect) and now their ownership of Thornton's which I don't recall if is in Chicago or not but I think is elsewhere in IL. It will be interesting to see how many sites they get up and running.

I'm surprised Quik Trip has not tried Las Vegas. It is a growing but crowded market of mostly terrible c-stores, save for the few Maveriks (less than 10 in the entire Las Vegas metro) and the newer Circle Ks. Most of these c-stores are relics of the day when smoking was allowed at c-store slot machines, back then they were extremely profitable. Now, not so many people playing the slots anymore.
Mgomrjsurf
Cart Collector
Cart Collector

Post by Mgomrjsurf »

Already have Speedway and so on big chain.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Mgomrjsurf wrote: September 27th, 2022, 5:49 pm Already have Speedway and so on big chain.
7-Eleven is in the process of ruining the attributes Speedway had (lower pricing/simple promotional structure). Quik Trip is a vastly superior operator to others in the industry.