HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Ridiculous lawsuit

Post by HCal »

storewanderer

Re: Ridiculous lawsuit

Post by storewanderer »

This is quite humorous. It was already thrown out.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

storewanderer wrote:
This is quite humorous. It was already thrown out.
Not any different than the bag-your-own- groceries mantra at pak-n-save and food-4-less of the 80's and 90's.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

I LOVE it..............................good for her! Futile of course but point made.

Though we have all gotten used to it.................................."working" to put dollars in the pocket of a business is curious at best. But of course we have all drank the koolaid that was promulgated and labeled.................."convenience" and "easy" and "faster".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I would be interesting to see if this lawsuit would go somewhere, outside of California, if someone proved they were FORCED to use self checkout because the store had NO regular registers open. I regularly see that condition with Wal Mart, Target, CVS, and Kroger in Nevada. You have NO choice but to use self checkout.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: September 29th, 2022, 9:09 pm I would be interesting to see if this lawsuit would go somewhere, outside of California, if someone proved they were FORCED to use self checkout because the store had NO regular registers open. I regularly see that condition with Wal Mart, Target, CVS, and Kroger in Nevada. You have NO choice but to use self checkout.
They WILL help you if you refuse to do it yourself (even if help means they come up and scan the items on the self-checkout register for you), and in some stores they have to anyway (like when the self-checkout machines are refusing to take payments of a particular type or whatever).

Simply since they are not going to have a customer walk out without buying their items, as that would hurt the store in question.
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

storewanderer wrote: September 29th, 2022, 9:09 pm I would be interesting to see if this lawsuit would go somewhere, outside of California, if someone proved they were FORCED to use self checkout because the store had NO regular registers open. I regularly see that condition with Wal Mart, Target, CVS, and Kroger in Nevada. You have NO choice but to use self checkout.
I doubt a lawsuit like this would go anywhere. Several decades ago, full service supermarkets were common, where a clerk retrieved your items for you. Can I ask to be paid for the time I spent getting my items from the shelves?

Or how about a buffet restaurant? Should I be paid for the time I spent serving myself my food?
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

So I guess we are all resigned to a future of working harder and harder to spend our money and put it in someone else's pocket?

Contributing to someone's bottom line should not be work.

I don't care for bagging my groceries at a purportedly upscale expensive grocer like Pavilions or Whole Foods (regardless if they don't do a good job of it).

I guess "service" is going away faster than we thought.