7-Eleven Selling Around 70 Stores

Alpha8472

7-Eleven Selling Around 70 Stores

Post by Alpha8472 »

They are selling around 73 gas stations and or convenience stores. There are 33 from New Jersey, Massachusetts, and New York. Texas has 7, some in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, and a few on the West Coast.

The sites average three-quarters of an acre. Larger lots are suitable for redevelopment. Some are under half an acre. The store sizes range from under canopy kiosks to 6,900 square feet.

I have not seen a cashier booth sized 7-Eleven. Are these common? In California, 7-Eleven seems to have many convenience stores with no gas pumps. I rarely see 7-Eleven branded gas pumps.

https://www.csnews.com/7-elevens-sale-7 ... -operators
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: 7-Eleven Selling Around 70 Stores

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 10:30 pm They are selling around 73 gas stations and or convenience stores. There are 33 from New Jersey, Massachusetts, and New York. Texas has 7, some in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, and a few on the West Coast.

The sites average three-quarters of an acre. Larger lots are suitable for redevelopment. Some are under half an acre. The store sizes range from under canopy kiosks to 6,900 square feet.

I have not seen a cashier booth sized 7-Eleven. Are these common? In California, 7-Eleven seems to have many convenience stores with no gas pumps. I rarely see 7-Eleven branded gas pumps.

Just looking quickly at the listings, many in the NJ and NY areas are Speedway stores. They definitely have some of those small locations that come from Hess-tory, though at least with the NY ones closing most look to be downstate (probably due to 7/11 never having much in the areas further north).

They have at least one here that is definitely like that with a small store that was once just for the attendants and a cashier back in the full serve days, plus some of the under-canopy stores as well.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Alpha8472 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 10:30 pm They are selling around 73 gas stations and or convenience stores. There are 33 from New Jersey, Massachusetts, and New York. Texas has 7, some in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, and a few on the West Coast.

I have not bumped into any 7-11s in my area with gasoline.

And BTW..............................all of the stores I have seen are gross!!!
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I believe around South San Francisco or Daly City there is a 7-Eleven (long standing, had the Citgo fuel) with a kiosk booth only and no store. Only one I've ever seen.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Selling 70 stores is just dipping their toes in the water for a network restructure. They probably need to dump 2,000 stores. Maybe more.

My guess is they need money. The stores being sold look typical, some even look newer. Doesn't look like a bunch of junk stores, or I should say, no more junk here, than they usually have.
mburb1981
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by mburb1981 »

Went on NRC's site and there's only one Michigan store for sale: a Rich-branded gas station in Standish. Rich was a brand used to convert some lower-volume Speedway and Total stations, very few Rich-branded stations remain.