(Sorry a little "off topic") Johnson & Johnson personal care products new name

Discussion of product brands seen across the retail landscape. This is not to discuss products themselves, just the news and history of associated brands.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

(Sorry a little "off topic") Johnson & Johnson personal care products new name

Post by SamSpade »

Off Topic
I don't like it, but that's pretty typical of these new weird coined phrases that companies can trade/servicemark globally.

"Ken-view"
Band-Aids and Tylenol Will Have a New Name
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: (Sorry a little "off topic") Johnson & Johnson personal care products new name

Post by jamcool »

A similar case…GSK has spun-off its OTC drug business (Robitussin, Advil)into a new company called Helion.
storewanderer

Re: (Sorry a little "off topic") Johnson & Johnson personal care products new name

Post by storewanderer »

I don't care for the new name but given the spin off they needed a new name.

I wonder what the new name of the baby powder division is.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

Still a better spinoff name than Mondelez. That name was horrible from the start, and remains horrible now.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Brian Lutz wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:03 am Still a better spinoff name than Mondelez. That name was horrible from the start, and remains horrible now.
We should have some humor with the name Mondelez, they do in Russia.

What is funny is I learned of the rename to Mondelez when I was in some store that lists the name of the DSD vendor on the shelf tags. The tags were changing from Nabisco or whatever to Mondelez. At first I thought we got a new local vendor for the products.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

storewanderer wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:08 am
Brian Lutz wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:03 am Still a better spinoff name than Mondelez. That name was horrible from the start, and remains horrible now.
We should have some humor with the name Mondelez, they do in Russia.

What is funny is I learned of the rename to Mondelez when I was in some store that lists the name of the DSD vendor on the shelf tags. The tags were changing from Nabisco or whatever to Mondelez. At first I thought we got a new local vendor for the products.
I don't understand why Kraft just didn't change the name of the snack foods / confectionary business to Nabisco. Most of the popular products are branded as Nabisco anyways. Then they wouldn't have that silly Mondelez name.
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

arizonaguy wrote: January 14th, 2023, 5:33 am
I don't understand why Kraft just didn't change the name of the snack foods / confectionary business to Nabisco. Most of the popular products are branded as Nabisco anyways. Then they wouldn't have that silly Mondelez name.
Mondelez is the corporate name but it's not used as a brand for products. The products are still Nabisco, Oreo, Cadbury, or whatever. Unlike Kraft, which is both the corporate name and the brand name, Mondelez is not seen by customers unless they read the fine print. It's kind of irrelevant what name they use for the company if each product has its own brand name.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

HCal wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:38 pm
arizonaguy wrote: January 14th, 2023, 5:33 am
Mondelez is the corporate name but it's not used as a brand for products. The products are still Nabisco, Oreo, Cadbury, or whatever. Unlike Kraft, which is both the corporate name and the brand name, Mondelez is not seen by customers unless they read the fine print. It's kind of irrelevant what name they use for the company if each product has its own brand name.
Some of their products have a Mondelez logo on the back of the package. It isn't fine print, it is pretty large and noticeable. Larger print than any of the nutrition fact chart is, for instance.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

jamcool wrote: September 29th, 2022, 4:51 pm A similar case…GSK has spun-off its OTC drug business (Robitussin, Advil)into a new company called Helion.
Actually it's haleon not helion.
For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

And Kellogg is splitting into two companies…WK Kellogg will run the US cereal business, Kellanova will run the snacks, frozen foods (Pringles, Cheez-It, Eggo, Morningstar Farms) and overseas cereal business.