Click bait on most popular store per state

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Click bait on most popular store per state

Post by storewanderer »

This is so littered with bad data...

https://thetakeout.com/americas-most-po ... 608337/amp

https://wisevoter.com/report/most-popul ... -by-state/

No time to comment further, I am going to research where the Vons in Maine is since they are reportedly second most popular grocer in Maine, and also the locations of what the above article claims to be the most popular grocer in Alabama, Safeway, where those stores are in Alabama.

How profitable is it to publish literal false data and information like this? Just how profitable are our clicks to these types of websites?
marketreportblog
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Re: Click bait on most popular store per state

Post by marketreportblog »

I don't know, all those Safeways in Florida are pretty good.

I saw the first article earlier today and had the same thought! Thanks for sharing the second one, which also has some... interesting choices. Massachusetts likes Vons apparently, too, and Save Mart -- and certainly doesn't care for Market Basket or Shaw's, which are left off the list. And New York's 5th most popular grocery store is definitely ACME, which has just 16 locations clustered in the southeastern part of the state. Meanwhile, apparently New Jersey doesn't go grocery shopping, as there is absolutely no information on the list about them. Huh. I guess I'll have to start shopping in New York or Pennsylvania when I'm back home in New Jersey. Good to know.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

Found this on my personal Google feed yesterday.Wisevoter(dot)com claims to be neutral and/or informative but this bogus click bait is far from encouraging.At least that there are too few drugstore chains as it is(national or regional)for them to do a similar article, mercifully.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

Funny list.
They should've mentioned that Alpha Beta is the most popular in California, Buttrey is the most popular in MT and WY, Red Owl is the most popular in Minnesota. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They could've been dumber and mentioned that Tesco still has stores in the US. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If they did a list of drugstores, they'd probably think Sav-on still exists.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

Those lucky Kansans have both Save Mart and Vons!
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

rwsandiego wrote: October 4th, 2022, 7:49 pm Those lucky Kansans have both Save Mart and Vons!
I see Save Mart is in quite a few states now according to this poll. Their rapid expansion to random states has been amazingly successful and they are highly sought after.

Clearly I have really lost touch in the past couple years with what is going on in many geographies.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

And that massive behemoth Acme Markets comes in at number five here in the Empire State with a whopping presence of 16 locations. What a juggernaut they are.