Halloween Spending Is Up This Year Approaching Record Levels

Alpha8472

Halloween Spending Is Up This Year Approaching Record Levels

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have noticed the Halloween sections at many stores are very busy. Walmart has sold out of many items and is trying to fill up the gaps with other smaller items.

People are really spending this year on Halloween. Lowe's has seen increased spending on expensive large Halloween decor items.

Spirit Halloween is very busy right now. I have seen some independent Halloween stores show up this year. One small chain took over the abandoned Fry's Electronics in Concord, California along with some former locations that Spirit Halloween usually takes over. It is such a thrill to walk around a former Fry's Electronics again.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jiawertz/2 ... -for-2022/
Alpha8472

Re: Halloween Spending Is Up This Year Approaching Record Levels

Post by Alpha8472 »

The Fry's Electronics in Concord, California was transformed into a Halloween Outlet. Only some of the store is being used, but it is still a huge store. The selection of costumes is better than Spirit Halloween. The store used the Fry's Electronics shelves and fixtures.

There were many more props and Halloween items than Spirit Halloween. Some of these items seemed kind of old, but had a classic sort of appeal.

I also saw Christmas ornaments, decor, and Christmas lights. The lights all looked like ancient lights from 20 or 30 years ago. There were huge old fashioned bulbs and some mini lights. There were no LED lights. I don't know where they found these relics. They must have been sitting in storage for decades.

Last edited by Alpha8472 on October 23rd, 2022, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I am surprised those old bulb lights are even okay to sell due to high energy usage. I shouldn't give CA politicians any ideas.

They seem to have 5 locations; email a Hotmail account for job opportunities.
https://www.halloweenoutletsuperstore.com/
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

storewanderer wrote:I am surprised those old bulb lights are even okay to sell due to high energy usage. I shouldn't give CA politicians any ideas.

I believe Antioch deer valley was a former sotf Payless that operated as a drugstore until February 2019.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:26 am
storewanderer wrote:I am surprised those old bulb lights are even okay to sell due to high energy usage. I shouldn't give CA politicians any ideas.

I believe Antioch deer valley was a former sotf Payless that operated as a drugstore until February 2019.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I think Antioch Deer Valley may have been remodeled/downsized into a RA1. They cut space from the store and the current "door" is the new door. The old door is over on the left. Hopefully Halloween Outlet will get some customers and they will post a few photos so we can see if this is the case.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 12:06 am I also saw Christmas ornaments, decor, and Christmas lights. The lights all looked like ancient lights from 20 or 30 years ago. There were huge old fashioned bulbs and some mini lights. There were no LED lights. I don't know where they found these relics. They must have been sitting in storage for decades.

I've still seen the "standard" Christmas (and other holiday) lights in most stores, so they are still around (at least on this side of the country), though the last couple years those were far more of what was left over after the holiday than the LED versions, so they may simply stop carrying them at some point due to (lack of) sales more than anything rules wise.
Super S

Post by Super S »

BillyGr wrote: October 24th, 2022, 11:07 am
Alpha8472 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 12:06 am I also saw Christmas ornaments, decor, and Christmas lights. The lights all looked like ancient lights from 20 or 30 years ago. There were huge old fashioned bulbs and some mini lights. There were no LED lights. I don't know where they found these relics. They must have been sitting in storage for decades.

I've still seen the "standard" Christmas (and other holiday) lights in most stores, so they are still around (at least on this side of the country), though the last couple years those were far more of what was left over after the holiday than the LED versions, so they may simply stop carrying them at some point due to (lack of) sales more than anything rules wise.
A few days ago I was at Lowe's and passed through the Christmas area which is on full display. (in October!) I was surprised to see new packaging for GE incandescent Christmas lights, not only C7 and C9 but miniature lights as well, including replacement bulbs. GE hasn't actually manufactured these in many years and just licenses their name to others now. There are still plenty of these sets in use, but the majority of what they stock is LED.