Jack In The Box Take Out Only Locations

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Jack In The Box Take Out Only Locations

Post by Brian Lutz »

storewanderer wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 7:29 pm They should at least have an indoor take out counter then, or some picnic tables outside. Something...

This takes uninviting to a new level.

It is basically like Sonic in terms of structure of building. Nothing really breakthrough happening here. At least it has a walk up window, I guess, that is something Sonic doesn't have.

Also tough to try to grow your business when all you have is a drive through or walk up... sort of limits how much volume you can do. For this to be a viable concept they probably need to get the cost to build it to be 50% below a standard dine in unit.
The irony of this is that it seems that newer Sonics being built now more often than not have indoor seating.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

I imagine the Sonics in cold climes have indoor seating, the ones in AZ don’t.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

jamcool wrote: November 1st, 2022, 6:46 pm I imagine the Sonics in cold climes have indoor seating, the ones in AZ don’t.
Although it is only more recently that they added such seating, as noted in a prior post of two areas in NY State (both of which would qualify as cold climes) but the older ones had no seating, while the newer ones do.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I was in Tracy, California and passed by a Sonic. It had outdoor picnic tables and many parking spaces with the ordering speakers. I don't believe there was any indoor seating. It must have been 100 degrees. This is absolutely not a nice place to eat in the summer time. People will be dropping dead like flies.

Restaurants should have the option of indoor dining in hot areas otherwise they will lose out on many customers. The Sonic was deserted when I passed by in the hot afternoon.