Jack In The Box Take Out Only Locations

Alpha8472

Jack In The Box Take Out Only Locations

Post by Alpha8472 »

The smaller footprint locations will reduce buildout costs by 20%. It will have 2 drive-thru lanes, dual assembly kitchens, a walk up order window, dedicated window for mobile pickup or third party delivery pickup, and no interior seating. The prototype has opened up in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

https://chainstoreage.com/jack-box-unve ... t-costs-20
storewanderer

Re: Jack In The Box Take Out Only Locations

Post by storewanderer »

They could at least throw a few picnic tables outside...

What a cold, unfriendly concept.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

It's a little surprising that removing the dining room only reduces buildout costs by 20%, you would think it would be more than that.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

It also reduces labor costs. The employees don't have to clean the dining room or take out the trash. It also saves plenty of labor since they don't have to clean dirty bathrooms. It also keeps the homeless from living in the dining room or bathrooms while stealing soda.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

It reminds me of the original J-Boxes, without the handful of tables that the original 60s “boxes” had. BTW, Taco Bell, KFC and BK have similar size stores they are experimenting with-Drivethrus, Takeout. Doordash, and very little seating outside.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I will never go to this type of a format for a burger chain.

Not even a couple hard cement picnic tables outside? How hard would it be... Not even a customer restroom for hand washing?

At least try to make it halfway inviting...

Also looks like they want to cut the cost of trash. In talking to some fast food people who love to keep their locations "drive through only" they mention how much money they save on trash pick ups due to customers not sticking around to eat... I'd like to know how much money they lose from customers like me who simply don't patronize their business any longer due to the drive through only policy.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 1:35 am I will never go to this type of a format for a burger chain.

Not even a couple hard cement picnic tables outside? How hard would it be... Not even a customer restroom for hand washing?

At least try to make it halfway inviting...

Also looks like they want to cut the cost of trash. In talking to some fast food people who love to keep their locations "drive through only" they mention how much money they save on trash pick ups due to customers not sticking around to eat... I'd like to know how much money they lose from customers like me who simply don't patronize their business any longer due to the drive through only policy.
Yeah, but think about maybe it might help people make better and more healthful choices for food.

Just teasing............................😉😜
Super S

Post by Super S »

A lot of them are already take-out-only in my area and making up their own hours in some cases. You often don't know if a location closes at 6PM, 7PM, midnight, and don't know if they are closed completely or just have the drive-thru open. I am wondering if Jack In The Box is in serious trouble as there is no consistency to their operations right now, and their restaurants are starting to become a bit tired looking, save for a handful that were remodeled right before Covid hit.

The big problem with drive-thru/take-out only is if they screw up an order and you have to go back to get it fixed (I have some allergies and can not eat most condiments) You either have to go back through the drive-thru or hope somebody answers the phone, or go up to the locked door and beat the hell out of it and hope you catch somebody's attention.

I used to like this chain....
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Super S wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 7:56 am The big problem with drive-thru/take-out only is if they screw up an order and you have to go back to get it fixed (I have some allergies and can not eat most condiments) You either have to go back through the drive-thru or hope somebody answers the phone, or go up to the locked door and beat the hell out of it and hope you catch somebody's attention.

Though the original post mentions a walk-up order window, so you could go to that for any such issues with these locations.
Super S

Post by Super S »

BillyGr wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 8:10 am
Super S wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 7:56 am The big problem with drive-thru/take-out only is if they screw up an order and you have to go back to get it fixed (I have some allergies and can not eat most condiments) You either have to go back through the drive-thru or hope somebody answers the phone, or go up to the locked door and beat the hell out of it and hope you catch somebody's attention.

Though the original post mentions a walk-up order window, so you could go to that for any such issues with these locations.
True, but it's an issue with the existing locations which are doing take-out, most of which are drive-thru only right now in my area.