Target- Grocery Items- Quantity Required for Sale Pricing

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
storewanderer

Re: Target- Grocery Items- Quantity Required for Sale Pricing

Post by storewanderer »

bayford wrote: November 19th, 2022, 3:36 am The common denominator from what I've seen is that the products being subject to this pricing are center store name brands from the big conglomerates - specifically, in my case, General Mills, Kellogg's, and Kraft Heinz. Never any private labels. Target seems to fit in line with this pattern? Besides Campbell's, I see they are also running these sales on Mondelez and Unilever products.
I also saw it at Target on bagged Tillamook Cheese, 2 for 6.00, a quantity of 1 at regular price 4.19 to 4.29.

They don't seem to have any sales on private label food. Might have been some item at buy 1 get 1 25% off that was private label food (really... buy one get one 25% off...).
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

ShopRite here in NY (NJ etc.) has done that for years on all kinds of items, food and non-food alike. Name brands, their own brands, doesn't matter.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Just saw it this morning at Target on private label granola 2/$7, regular price $3.99 for one. They recently took a significant price increase (from $2.99 to $3.99) on Silk soymilk...from below market to very slightly above market (I think Meijer is $3.79). Pricing integrity is still pretty bad (found a .10 discrepancy on one variety of private label rice vinegar)...checker price adjusted, but service desk wouldn't pay bounty as they're liable for in Michigan. Will probably do a complaint just to put them on their toes.

This was at my preferred store which is halfway through it's remodel (they've called a time-out for the holidays). They seem to be retaining Starbucks and Cafe, and have installed the Ulta department along with seemingly putting curbside shelving/freezers/refrigerators along the front. Overheard the grocery manager exhorting the troops to fill shelves so they could sell.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Romr123 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:22 am Just saw it this morning at Target on private label granola 2/$7, regular price $3.99 for one. They recently took a significant price increase (from $2.99 to $3.99) on Silk soymilk...from below market to very slightly above market (I think Meijer is $3.79). Pricing integrity is still pretty bad (found a .10 discrepancy on one variety of private label rice vinegar)...checker price adjusted, but service desk wouldn't pay bounty as they're liable for in Michigan. Will probably do a complaint just to put them on their toes.
How do they justify not paying the bounty? Was it because the cashier adjusted the price so the receipt didn't show the higher price? I guess in MI you have to pay the full price and have the receipt show full price in order to claim the bounty (this is really stupid- an error is an error).

https://www.michigan.gov/mdard/lab/weig ... nd-answers

I've had Safeway and Vons both refuse to honor scan guarantee since "they fixed the price during the transaction after I told them about it." That doesn't matter according to their written and displayed price accuracy promise.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

If coded correctly the bounty is programmed into the POS...I've actually collected the bounty at that store on some eggs several months ago. It was just a goober service desk employee who didn't know better and was incurious about fixing the problem (obviously the checker can't be expected to worry about price integrity, but the service desk employee should).
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

What does "bounty" mean?

:?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: November 20th, 2022, 11:55 am What does "bounty" mean?

:?
Bounty is MI language for the scan guarantee. It is a state law and the store must pay out. You get 10x the error amount up to $5, per item, in the event of a scan error. See the link I posted a couple posts above. Any store that uses scanning price equipment in the state must follow said law. So I guess Hobby Lobby gets out of it.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

BillyGr wrote: November 19th, 2022, 9:51 am ShopRite here in NY (NJ etc.) has done that for years on all kinds of items, food and non-food alike. Name brands, their own brands, doesn't matter.
Yeah, nothing new about this. I've noticed Giant doing it more often recently---though too random to be a manufacturer-led promotion. At some point or another, I would guess that most chains have done this.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Thank you!

I thought that those wonderful scan price accuracy laws disappeared all around the country.

Maybe I was thinking of the corporate policies that are gone or diluted regarding this.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

It was only about 12 years ago that item pricing ceased to be a thing in Michigan...I still run across a few items in my pantry (things like cupcake wrappers or whole cloves) which still have their Meijer price tag.