How a restaurateur saved a sinking Skippers in Silverdale

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

How a restaurateur saved a sinking Skippers in Silverdale

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/20 ... 255195001/

The Kitsap Sun did a profile of one of the few remaining full line Skippers restaurants, along with a good summary of the rise and fall of the brand.
Super S

Re: How a restaurateur saved a sinking Skippers in Silverdale

Post by Super S »

Good article. The article also mentioned Randy Marsh, his brother ran the Longview location which ended up closing.

While I have not been to the Silverdale location, I will say that the Longview and Vancouver locations were spot-on when it came to the food, and you could tell that the owners were trying hard to keep the brand alive. Longview suffered from a slow build-out of outparcels next to a new Walmart, and it probably didn't help things when a pot shop opened at the other end of the building in Longview. Vancouver is still hanging on, but they have been having staffing issues on and off and are sometimes operating as take-out only.

It baffles me how seafood generally doesn't do all that well in this area of the country though. Skippers filled a niche in some areas where Ivar's did not operate, and Ivar's doesn't operate far outside the Seattle area.