Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers To Expand To Canada

Alpha8472

Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers To Expand To Canada

Post by Alpha8472 »

The company is opening locations in several provinces of Canada. They have already opened 140 new restaurants this year alone for 450 locations across 36 states.

https://chainstoreage.com/freddys-expand-canada
trainman
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers To Expand To Canada

Post by trainman »

Freddy's rated pretty highly in this ranking of fast-food burgers in the L.A. Times last month. I said to myself, "Oh, yeah, I went to that Freddy's in Westlake Village a few years ago... I should go back there."

Turns out that location permanently closed in March 2020. Guess I should have gone more than once! (I actually started a job right near there in January 2020... but it turned into a work-from-home position right about the same time the Freddy's closed.)
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Freddy’s always seems to me to be a knockoff of Culver’s (Burgers and Frozen custard)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

jamcool wrote: November 30th, 2022, 6:50 pm Freddy’s always seems to me to be a knockoff of Culver’s (Burgers and Frozen custard)
Freddy's has a much better product than Culver's. The plain vanilla or chocolate custard just tastes better at Freddy's. I do think Culver's has a nicer atmosphere and certainly more interesting "flavors of the day." But I have noticed as Freddy's has expanded more, I am encountering more dirty locations and things like dirty tasting wet rag iced tea, fries that taste like they've been cooked in old oil, and other things that previously did not seem to happen when Freddy's was a smaller chain.

I had a Culver's give me a raw grilled chicken sandwich a number of years ago and when I went in and asked for a refund they argued with me about it insisting it came in pre-cooked fully. It was raw chicken color - it was not cooked. It left me with a bad impression of Culver's and I never ordered their meal food again. I did order custard a couple of times, but determined I liked Freddy's better.