Carl's Jr. Debuts $5 Mix and Match Menu

Alpha8472

Carl's Jr. Debuts $5 Mix and Match Menu

Post by Alpha8472 »

There is a new $5 Mix and Match menu at Carl's Jr. I have found their food to be really expensive lately. I have not bought much from them in a long time due to a lack of promotions.

Choose from: Spicy Chicken sandwich, cheeseburger, 6 piece chicken stars, small fries, small hash rounds, and French Toast Dips.

I might go there and try out their food again. The restaurant that I pass by every day is always quiet. They get very little business. I wonder how they survive. It even has a Green Burrito menu as well. There is a Taco Bell across the freeway so I don't know why anyone would buy burritos from Carl's Jr.

https://www.brandeating.com/2023/01/car ... -2023.html
storewanderer

Re: Carl's Jr. Debuts $5 Mix and Match Menu

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: January 6th, 2023, 11:22 am There is a new $5 Mix and Match menu at Carl's Jr. I have found their food to be really expensive lately. I have not bought much from them in a long time due to a lack of promotions.

Choose from: Spicy Chicken sandwich, cheeseburger, 6 piece chicken stars, small fries, small hash rounds, and French Toast Dips.

I might go there and try out their food again. The restaurant that I pass by every day is always quiet. They get very little business. I wonder how they survive. It even has a Green Burrito menu as well. There is a Taco Bell across the freeway so I don't know why anyone would buy burritos from Carl's Jr.

https://www.brandeating.com/2023/01/car ... -2023.html
I really like the basic crispy beef taco from Green Burrito. I haven't been to a Green Burrito in quite a few years. I know there are still some around Sacramento. Most seem to have debranded. The last time I bought a crispy beef taco it was 1.99, who knows what they charge now. At that price, only will buy one.

I notice the locations that offer Green Burrito do not offer Green Burrito items via app order.

The location in Reno that had Green Burrito was many miles from a Taco Bell yet Green Burrito was only about 5% of its total sales. The nearest fast food mexican was Taco Johns about 1.5 miles away on 25 mph roads. That should have been a good location for Green Burrito but it just never caught on.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

Sad. These items were trialed on the 4 for $6 menu just a few months ago...

in 2019, $5 got you an All-Star meal:

* double-cheeseburger AND hot dog or chicken sandwich
* small fry
* small drink
* cookie

in 2023, $5 gets you a single cheeseburger AND chicken sandwhich...
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

This is a really poor value.

Even 2 for $4 would be pushing it on these items. El Pollo Loco is also testing a 2 for $4 on what should be and used to be $1 items.

Carl's needs to also be aware McDonalds is still doing $1 drinks in every market out west except SoCal (1.29 in some bay area locations though).

I may be able to get on board with this promotion if they offered the zucchini, criss cut, or onion ring as a side option. It would still be a poor value, but not quite as poor.