Albertsons Cos Advertising

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Albertsons Cos Advertising

Post by mbz321 »

Sincerely, whatever! (and nowhere near the aisles of the mentioned products)

These were the only endcaps with these larger signs (although you can see it in the small window on those black endcap display things--I honestly don't remember these are always here or just added, I'm not a frequent Acme shopper, but they managed to have a few good loss leaders this week) and there was a small 'callout' above the hot chicken case and a few other smaller random references throughout the store.
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

"Ingredients for life" was the best slogan for Safeway and its subsidiaries. Albertsons should have kept and expanded it. "It's Just Better" was a joke, along with this "Sincerely" nonsense.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

HCal wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:17 pm "Ingredients for life" was the best slogan for Safeway and its subsidiaries. Albertsons should have kept and expanded it. "It's Just Better" was a joke, along with this "Sincerely" nonsense.
Safeway's other two slogans before that, "Giving Our Best" and "Nobody does it better for less" also were not bad slogans. They implied quality/value. Back then I think Safeway did a good job living up to those two slogans too.

So far I have only seen these signs in one NorCal Store. They don't seem to be in any hurry to put these signs up.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

mbz321 wrote: March 8th, 2023, 6:34 pm Sincerely, whatever! (and nowhere near the aisles of the mentioned products)

These were the only endcaps with these larger signs (although you can see it in the small window on those black endcap display things--I honestly don't remember these are always here or just added, I'm not a frequent Acme shopper, but they managed to have a few good loss leaders this week) and there was a small 'callout' above the hot chicken case and a few other smaller random references throughout the store.
You gotta admit, it's really funny!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
BreakingThrough
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by BreakingThrough »

I thought "VONS is VALUE" was their strongest slogan by far. Short, to the point, and rolled off the tongue nicely. That was back in the mid-late '90s, I believe. Of course, they couldn't use that slogan today, as it's just not true.

Sincerely,
Outrageous Safeway Prices
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

storewanderer wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:58 pm I think they should just go back to the old Crazy About Food slogan and throw a bunch of crazy/colorful/mixed style displays around. You know, mix up the lemons and the limes. Throw some vegetable decorations in the meat and seafood case. Mix up the bell peppers. Build displays of things like soda that are colorful/mixed up.
That was probably my favorite Albertsons ad campaign. It was compelling, with ads like this:
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

HCal wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:17 pm "Ingredients for life" was the best slogan for Safeway and its subsidiaries. Albertsons should have kept and expanded it. "It's Just Better" was a joke, along with this "Sincerely" nonsense.
"Ingredients for life" was pretentious and too closely tied to Lifestyle, basically the same problem that the chain had, trying to advertise (and price!) itself as a more "upscale" store when it really wasn't. "It's Just Better" wasn't bad but it gave off the impression of "better than it used to be" which was probably truthful but not a great go-to when it came to the competition (especially as Kroger was launching into the stratosphere while Albertsons was trying to integrate Safeway).
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Finally caught a second store that threw two signs up over endcaps.

We have Sincerely, Graham Crackers again and Sincerely, Chocolate Chips.

Chocolate Chips sign is above an endcap with some cereal on it. It is possible some of the cereal may have chocolate chips in it. So that endcap may be coordinated.

I wonder if these signs will work for impulse buys or even accomplish anything?
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

I finally saw these signs in person at probably the nicest and best executed Albertsons Co. store I've ever been into (a Safeway in North Scottsdale that Storewanderer said has the Genuardi's layout). In fact, I think it is probably a nicer store than what Fry's puts out at it's top Fry's Signature locations.

This store, in addition to the Genuardi's layout has the latest Pavilions decor package (which I haven't seen on another Albertsons or Safeway store in Arizona) and is much nicer than the Colorful Lifestyle or "Modern" décor packages that almost all other Albertsons or Safeway stores in the area are receiving upon renovations.

Anyways, while this store didn't have endcap signage it did have banners hanging from the rafters with Sincerely, (item) and the banners were hung in the correct aisles to what items were mentioned.

This store, being a Pavilions in all but name, probably has a larger budget to actually pay attention to details such as banner placement.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

My local Safeway also has the banners up over the correct aisles.

The SW division seems to have decided it is more professional to have the banners over the correct aisles than randomly scattered all over the stores.