Albertsons Cos Advertising

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Albertsons Cos Advertising

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 1:02 pm
ClownLoach wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:24 pm Walking the Long Beach Pavilions-soon-to-be-Vons they have hung signs all over the place with this new "Sincerely" campaign. They really seem silly. "Sincerely, corn" and "Sincerely, cupcakes" and so on.
I'll be curious how much NorCal pushes this ad campaign. I have noticed NorCal typically doesn't tend to put a lot of signs hanging around the store for some reason. These signs also block security camera views if too many are hung. SoCal and Southwest was plastered with "it's just better" signs when in NorCal that campaign was almost absent from view.
Most are hanging over the register area. Two in the entry over produce and a couple elsewhere. I wonder if they block cameras on the register area. These are very wide signs (maybe 6ft) and short. Shaped like an out of proportion banner. This is a really dumb ad campaign. What exactly is the point of a sign over register 4 that says "Sincerely, green beans" or something to that effect?
BreakingThrough
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by BreakingThrough »

Looks like this nonsense is all to promote their new Sincerely Health app-based "health platform." What an unnecessary distraction. I hope most of the "platform" development is just using a white-label partner and that they didn't actually devote tech resources to this.

They sent an email blast earlier this week that reads as follows:
Sincerely, Vons

We've cooked up something special. A fresh, new way to help, feed and nurture you.

We bring people together around food, from late-night cravings to special days.

And from our in-store pharmacy to our Sincerely Health platform, we care for you.

We're committed to providing you with the best service and the freshest food your family deserves. Every day.

See you around the aisles.

Sincerely,
Vons

Of course the email completely whiffs the opportunity to, you know, actually showcase Sincerely Health and explain what it is. I'd rather see Kroger emojis twerking than seeing "Sincerely, cottage cheese" in the aisles...
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

ClownLoach wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:24 pm Walking the Long Beach Pavilions-soon-to-be-Vons they have hung signs all over the place with this new "Sincerely" campaign. They really seem silly. "Sincerely, corn" and "Sincerely, cupcakes" and so on.
Are they going to expand this ad campaign to non-food, meaning we will see signs saying "Sincerely, cat food", "Sincerely, diapers", etc? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 3:15 pm
Are they going to expand this ad campaign to non-food, meaning we will see signs saying "Sincerely, cat food", "Sincerely, diapers", etc? :lol: :lol: :lol:
All I can say about this ad campaign is this:

Sincerely, Imodium.

Thanks and I think I'm done for the night.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

ClownLoach wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 10:06 pm
All I can say about this ad campaign is this:

Sincerely, Imodium.

Thanks and I think I'm done for the night.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

NorCal has some of these signs now.

There were multiple long tall narrow signs hanging above each entryway. I forget what they said. The shape and structure reminds me of the old "life" hanging signs from the Lifestyle Safeway days.

A side display near meat had something about Sincerely, Sizzling Steak

There were just two of these signs hanging above endcaps facing the front wall. One said Sincerely Graham Crackers (hung above the gift card display), another said Sincerely Paper Towels (hung above a chip endcap). I think they should at least coordinate the signs to the product the sign is referring to?

No signs at front end. None in bakery. None in produce.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

storewanderer wrote: March 4th, 2023, 6:57 pm another said Sincerely Paper Towels (hung above a chip endcap). I think they should at least coordinate the signs to the product the sign is referring to?
I was right :lol: :lol: :lol:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:43 pm
storewanderer wrote: March 4th, 2023, 6:57 pm another said Sincerely Paper Towels (hung above a chip endcap). I think they should at least coordinate the signs to the product the sign is referring to?
I was right :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was in another location tonight, did not see any of these signs.

Perfectly fine without them.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

storewanderer wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:48 pm Was in another location tonight, did not see any of these signs.

My take on this ad campaign: I'd rather see those ads with Patricia Heaton annoying the Albertsons butcher.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:56 pm
storewanderer wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:48 pm Was in another location tonight, did not see any of these signs.

My take on this ad campaign: I'd rather see Patricia Heaton annoy the Albertsons butcher.
I think they should just go back to the old Crazy About Food slogan and throw a bunch of crazy/colorful/mixed style displays around. You know, mix up the lemons and the limes. Throw some vegetable decorations in the meat and seafood case. Mix up the bell peppers. Build displays of things like soda that are colorful/mixed up.