Albertsons Cos Advertising

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Albertsons Cos Advertising

Post by storewanderer »

pseudo3d wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:03 pm
veteran+ wrote: January 29th, 2023, 8:27 am I seriously do not believe that was honesty.

I think it was arrogance!
At best it was out of touch. You don't want to say stuff like that when inflation hurts the "commoners" and you make an 8-figure salary.
At least he said his opinion... honest, arrogant, tone deaf, whatever it was, it was said.

Could have said they are doing everything to keep prices down for the customer in light of the record inflation (I think he has said that too)... yet my looking at Kroger's pricing tells somewhat of a different story.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

New change (at least for Albertsons and Safeway brands, haven't tried to cross-check all the others):

URL backup in case that "insert any video" link doesn't work:
Facebook.com/albertsons

Now they are going for
Sincerely,
Albertsons

or
Sincerely,
Safeway

Even updating their logo in the circle on Instagram or Facebook with that... shrinking the perfect Safeway S (weird, they figured this out well before the current era of logo edits) or Albertsons clover leaf.

It does seem to be a continued emphasis on the specialty departments (cake bakery especially), which of course, not all competitors have or can compete on the same level with providing.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

They really need to look into quality of bakery items in Safeway NorCal and also at Vons. The cake base used has changed formulas in the past couple years and is terrible; Carrot Cake is basically inedible. White cake is too dense and doesn't work well, but seems to have a longer shelf life than before. Frostings used are still great. Cookies are literal garbage. Breads are not great. They seem to have taken the old Safeway formulas and cheapened the ingredients.

Bakery quality noticeably better at OR/WA and in AZ/Las Vegas.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Chatted with the baker at the Albertsons in Palm Springs putting frozen muffin batter portions into pans Friday to thaw overnight and be baked for Sunday morning. Their cheese/jalapeno Kaiser rolls are inexplicably good...a guilty pleasure.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

According to the Albertsons Facebook page they are "going green" and eliminating their printed circular ads. I think they've done this before. Probably planning for future inflation as they can change the ad in real time.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 12:05 pm According to the Albertsons Facebook page they are "going green" and eliminating their printed circular ads. I think they've done this before. Probably planning for future inflation as they can change the ad in real time.
This is a test in certain markets only.

I think the print ads are largely ineffective and can probably be eliminated without hurting sales.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

storewanderer wrote: March 1st, 2023, 11:40 pm They really need to look into quality of bakery items in Safeway NorCal and also at Vons. The cake base used has changed formulas in the past couple years and is terrible; Carrot Cake is basically inedible. White cake is too dense and doesn't work well, but seems to have a longer shelf life than before. Frostings used are still great. Cookies are literal garbage. Breads are not great. They seem to have taken the old Safeway formulas and cheapened the ingredients.
I've still had good luck with Albertsons cookies and cakes here in SoCal.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 8:32 pm
storewanderer wrote: March 1st, 2023, 11:40 pm They really need to look into quality of bakery items in Safeway NorCal and also at Vons. The cake base used has changed formulas in the past couple years and is terrible; Carrot Cake is basically inedible. White cake is too dense and doesn't work well, but seems to have a longer shelf life than before. Frostings used are still great. Cookies are literal garbage. Breads are not great. They seem to have taken the old Safeway formulas and cheapened the ingredients.
I've still had good luck with Albertsons cookies and cakes here in SoCal.
I wonder if the Albertsons banner is getting different things than the Vons banner (which gets mostly the same stuff as NorCal Safeway gets and has gotten for the past 20 years).
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Walking the Long Beach Pavilions-soon-to-be-Vons they have hung signs all over the place with this new "Sincerely" campaign. They really seem silly. "Sincerely, corn" and "Sincerely, cupcakes" and so on.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:24 pm Walking the Long Beach Pavilions-soon-to-be-Vons they have hung signs all over the place with this new "Sincerely" campaign. They really seem silly. "Sincerely, corn" and "Sincerely, cupcakes" and so on.
I'll be curious how much NorCal pushes this ad campaign. I have noticed NorCal typically doesn't tend to put a lot of signs hanging around the store for some reason. These signs also block security camera views if too many are hung. SoCal and Southwest was plastered with "it's just better" signs when in NorCal that campaign was almost absent from view.