Customers Flocking To McDonald's Due To Inflation

Alpha8472

Customers Flocking To McDonald's Due To Inflation

Post by Alpha8472 »

McDonald's is seeing increases in customers and sales as inflation wary customers trade down from full service restaurants.

McDonald's has increased prices as well, but customer counts are up.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/31/mcdonal ... nings.html
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Customers Flocking To McDonald's Due To Inflation

Post by buckguy »

they're same store sales seem to be around the rate of inflation. Nobody is "flocking" there. They're treading water.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

buckguy wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:48 am they're same store sales seem to be around the rate of inflation. Nobody is "flocking" there. They're treading water.
And once currency changes are removed they actually had negative total sales! My observations have been their restaurants are empty but their service times are worse than ever. I go occasionally for breakfast if I get a craving for their hash browns (it's quite sad how few people can get hash browns right) and there will be nobody in the restaurant, kiosk ordering only, five or six employees working in the kitchen, a short drive through line of maybe three cars, yet it will still take over 10 minutes for a breakfast sandwich and hash browns. And if you order any kind of coffee other than regular or iced then add an extra 5 minutes.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

A couple things are happening:
They have increased prices so much it is showing higher sales

People seem to like to order this food via delivery services, they take a nice mark up when those services are used, furthering high margin sales

I don't see anyone "flocking" to McDonalds.

The only fast food chains I see anyone "flocking" to are In N Out and Chickfila. And in some cases Raising Canes.