7-Eleven $2 Fish Sandwich

Alpha8472

7-Eleven $2 Fish Sandwich

Post by Alpha8472 »

7-Eleven is trying to take business away from fast food restaurants with a $2 fish sandwich on Fridays.

Would you trust a fish sandwich from a convenience store over a fast food restaurant?

https://www.brandeating.com/2023/02/7-e ... eason.html
storewanderer

Re: 7-Eleven $2 Fish Sandwich

Post by storewanderer »

Kroger for years had a deli fish sandwich they'd fry the frozen fish up, prepare, pack up, and put in a foil bag (like Chickfila bag) in their self serve hot food case. It had a hold time of some number of hours.

I assume this will be the same sort of thing but 7-Eleven has no fryer so I guess this will go into their convection oven. This does not sound good.. will it make everything else they sell from that oven taste like fish?
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

I don't even trust hot dogs from 7-Eleven...I think I'll pass :lol:
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: February 15th, 2023, 6:56 pm Kroger for years had a deli fish sandwich they'd fry the frozen fish up, prepare, pack up, and put in a foil bag (like Chickfila bag) in their self serve hot food case. It had a hold time of some number of hours.

I assume this will be the same sort of thing but 7-Eleven has no fryer so I guess this will go into their convection oven. This does not sound good.. will it make everything else they sell from that oven taste like fish?
Seems unlikely, since it is the oil in the fryer that picks up the fish flavoring and then transfers it to other things - air doesn't quite do that the same way.