Best Buy To Reduce Salesfloor Space For Online Pickup

Alpha8472

Best Buy To Reduce Salesfloor Space For Online Pickup

Post by Alpha8472 »

Best Buy will reduce salesfloor size to make room for more space for online pickup order fulfillment.

The company will also close 20 to 30 larger stores and open 10 Outlet stores.

https://chainstoreage.com/best-buy-warn ... -footprint
storewanderer

Re: Best Buy To Reduce Salesfloor Space For Online Pickup

Post by storewanderer »

This chain has basically walked most of its walk in customers for a variety of reasons. At this point I don't see how many of their stores are even staying open.

On the bright side, their stores are so empty of customers, spacious, and have so little merchandise that shoplifters don't seem to be targeting them nearly as heavily as they once did. So I suppose there are benefits to becoming irrelevant in the current retail theft environment.

I've had decent experiences buying from this chain 2-3 times in the past 3 years. Once was a laptop; I ordered online. Another time was a phone case; I bought in-store and had them price match to Amazon; smooth experience. The third time was something straight from the shelf in the store, I don't recall what it was, but had no issue going in and getting what I needed and the price was okay or I would have asked for a price match.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

The greatest irony of this is that when they're done they will have recreated Circuit City. The remodeled stores are exactly that, a warehouse for all the goods with a pickup counter and loading dock parking spaces.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 3:34 pm The greatest irony of this is that when they're done they will have recreated Circuit City. The remodeled stores are exactly that, a warehouse for all the goods with a pickup counter and loading dock parking spaces.
Or The Good Guys.

At least they won't have to worry as much about theft when they have almost no foot traffic.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

I did order something from them for the first time (not electronics related). But they had the best price for what I was looking for and I was happy to find shipping was free since it was my first time creating an account.