Chick-fil-a Data Breach

Alpha8472

Chick-fil-a Data Breach

Post by Alpha8472 »

Chick-fil-a data breach confirmed a data breach of their mobile app. A cyber attack was launched against its website and app from December 2022 until February. Chick-fil-a denied it at first, but now it is revealed to be true.

https://www.al.com/news/2023/03/chick-f ... o-now.html
storewanderer

Re: Chick-fil-a Data Breach

Post by storewanderer »

Their app sent password change alerts back in February or January.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

What is with the prices at this chain? 6.99 for a 5pc nugget (they are about 2 bites each) kid meal?

Also saw the breakfast chicken biscuit is now 3.89...?
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:40 pm What is with the prices at this chain? 6.99 for a 5pc nugget (they are about 2 bites each) kid meal?

As much as I hate seeing chains like my least favorite Taco Bell running with zero labor, machine only ordering, etc. - I know when I see Chick-fil-A that they have too many employees and the cost of them is making the prices go way up. They usually have at least 30 people working that I can see inside and out at lunchtime. None are working hard and some don't do much work at all. They are great at managing a long drive thru queue but past that they aren't very fast inside, the food isn't consistently hot and fresh anymore despite the wait, and consistency has declined in flavor, temperature, and portion size. I start to think they have so many employees working that they actually breed confusion, get in the way of each other, and cause the inconsistencies that plague their operation.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: March 16th, 2023, 5:21 pm
storewanderer wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:40 pm What is with the prices at this chain? 6.99 for a 5pc nugget (they are about 2 bites each) kid meal?

As much as I hate seeing chains like my least favorite Taco Bell running with zero labor, machine only ordering, etc. - I know when I see Chick-fil-A that they have too many employees and the cost of them is making the prices go way up. They usually have at least 30 people working that I can see inside and out at lunchtime. None are working hard and some don't do much work at all. They are great at managing a long drive thru queue but past that they aren't very fast inside, the food isn't consistently hot and fresh anymore despite the wait, and consistency has declined in flavor, temperature, and portion size. I start to think they have so many employees working that they actually breed confusion, get in the way of each other, and cause the inconsistencies that plague their operation.
I think you're right. The overstaffing seems to be working to push the drive through line speed, but something is breaking down inside and inside is not efficient.

I have found the original chicken sandwiches from them to be pretty pathetic for about the past year and a half- tiny pieces of chicken that aren't even as large as the tiny bun and also very thin/tough. Breading amounts are inconsistent from visit to visit which impacts flavor. I've had buns with almost no butter and buns that seem like someone threw the entire bun into a vat of melted butter (inedible bun). Back in the 5 years ago this sandwich cost like $3.65 this would not have been so bad but now this sandwich costs $5.39 and really at that price it better be exceptional every time. And it isn't.

The other thing is I keep getting fry containers that are about 70% filled. I'm not expecting a heaping/overflowing fry container (their marketing does not show that- but it shows a full container) but there is literally no fry in the top 30% of the container. I have asked and been told this is due to the fries "settling" after being filled and that it was "full when it was filled." This is for to-go orders and I am calling them out on these underfilled containers as they hand me the bag and I check its contents. This is odd, I've never seen this at any other fast food place before. At Carl's Jr. where they sell the same shaped criss cut fries their containers are always full when handed out.

I also read they are increasing points required for redemption in their rewards program again next month.

But none of this seems to be stopping the crowds at their locations. They are doing an unbelievable business almost everywhere I go.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

From an inside source, In & Out seems to being going in that direction as well.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: March 17th, 2023, 6:41 am

From an inside source, In & Out seems to being going in that direction as well.
It is funny you mention In N Out. 5 years ago the In N Out Double Double was 3.65 here in Reno, and then Chickfila Original was actually $3.55 (just checked an order from early 2018).

Now today in Reno the In N Out Double Double is at 4.39 and the Chickfila Original is at 5.29.

However at In N Out the employees inside the restaurant still seem to work efficiently.

Newer Chickfila units have a very bad prep area design. There is a large space between the drive through window and the kitchen window where employees tend to congregate and are standing around/not productive/confused what they should be doing. This area is so far away from the customers that they are clueless if any customers inside need help. They have to walk the entire length of the order counter (past all of the registers) to get out into the dining area where customer orders inside are handed out.

At In N Out, the way the unit is designed, there is that space at the cash registers and right next to that is the pick up area, then right beside it is the cook burger finish/wrap station, then right behind it is the fry station, and then the drive through window is right next to that. So in the event employees at In N Out congregate in that area (which yes, I have seen), what happens is the congregating employees quickly end up tasked. Kitchen hands them bags of burgers that need to be filled with fries. Fry hands them bags that are filled that need to be handed out to the customers at front counter. Cashier gets a milkshake order and tells them to fill a milkshake. Customer walks up and requests condiments so they help the customer. In N Out runs a tight ship. The employees are focused. The unit is designed in a manner to make the employees close to the customer at all times. This is an operation that really gets it.

And from a pricing perspective they are very honest and reasonable. They have not taken advantage of 15% inflation to show customers who they think can't do math a 40% price increase. Chickfila isn't the only chain who has price increased that radically either. At Burger King in Reno franchise the "hamburger" was .99 as recently as late 2021, now it is 2.99. Ouch.

Not sure why Chickfila has increased prices so much though.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

"However at In N Out the employees inside the restaurant still seem to work efficiently."

Perhaps that is true there but my friend works at one in the Lone Tree area of Denver and it is the opposite of what any of us have heard about I&O.

Chaos, myriad Leads saying different things, scant training, everyone does the same thing differently, dispensing machines in the wrong place and everyone has to use the same one (including drive thru) and there's more.

He said it is chaos and inefficient. Also they have religious bible quotes at store meetings. Working off the clock and more. Technology is decades behind.

He said the employees and manager are all very nice. It is always busy.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:39 pm

Perhaps that is true there but my friend works at one in the Lone Tree area of Denver and it is the opposite of what any of us have heard about I&O.

Chaos, myriad Leads saying different things, scant training, everyone does the same thing differently, dispensing machines in the wrong place and everyone has to use the same one (including drive thru) and there's more.

He said it is chaos and inefficient. Also they have religious bible quotes at store meetings. Working off the clock and more. Technology is decades behind.

He said the employees and manager are all very nice. It is always busy.
This is one of the problems when you move into new markets. Somehow certain aspects of the operation do not "travel" well. Staff in CO just may not quite have the hustle/efficiency of the In N Out staff in CA. And as you've seen if you get any business where too many employees are "slow and confused", all of the employees become "slow and confused" and without very strong management to get everyone in line the entire thing just falls apart.

There are 2 soda dispensers in the customer self serve area and another dispenser at the drive through window. There may only be one milkshake machine that is used for all orders but the milkshake dispenses pre mixed directly into the cup so that should cause limited bottleneck.

In N Out doesn't use much technology. No online ordering. The cash register systems have been updated multiple times over the years but they still rely on a lot of paper slips to move orders around. However I've noticed since doing online orders that a lot of chains use paper slips to fulfill orders rather than using the screen. I have observed the paper slips instead of screen used at McDonalds, Steak N Shake, Panda Express, Popeyes, BJs, Raising Canes, and others that escape me. In the case of McDonalds I notice kitchen uses the screen then when kitchen completes it and it goes out to the bag/tray station bag/tray quickly says it is "done" which stops the timer and prints a slip. Then they screw around for 5 minutes before they get the order out, but the timer thinks they got it out to you 10 seconds after kitchen sent it to them.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

He says there is 1 milkshake machine. You have to wait for drive thru to finish and vis a versa. There is one spiget. You have to flush the previous flavor first if you have a different flavor.

Crazy stuff like that.