Micro Center opening 3 new stores in 2023

ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Micro Center opening 3 new stores in 2023

Post by ClownLoach »

Micro Center won the bankruptcy auction for the Bed Bath and Beyond in Santa Clara, CA so they're returning to Silicon Valley. This hasn't been announced yet but that makes it 4 new stores in a short time frame. So far all are going to match the completely new prototype from Tustin, CA.
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

I didn’t know it until a coworker told me today that they used to be in Santa Clara:

https://yelp.to/xohQWGZLNk

As I explained to the coworker, the store said they closed because they could not negotiate a lease, however, the store having several Fry’s locations nearby did not help. Since Fry’s is no more, I imagine this store will do just fine.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

Micro Center has now officially announced the new Santa Clara store, with an expected opening date of "Late 2024":

https://www.microcenter.com/site/stores ... ta%20clara

Also, the Charlotte location, which had been slated to open in early 2024 for some time, has an expected opening date of May 10th. From what I've heard they had originally planned to open as early as January but got held up by various bureaucracy. The Miami store is also listed with a 2024 opening date, but it remains to be seen if they'll actually make that.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

And as soon as I post this, I found out that they have had to delay the opening of the Charlotte store again. The email said that the new opening date will be announced "in the coming weeks" which leads me to believe the delay will likely be significant.

An anonymous employee on Reddit is saying that Mecklenburg County is the cause of the delay.