Bealls and Burkes Outlet To Rebrand To Beal's

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

Bealls and Burkes Outlet To Rebrand To Beal's

Post by Alpha8472 »

Apparently the company wants to get rid of the word Outlet as it makes their stores sound low quality.

Bealls Department store will be rebranded to Bealls Florida.

This just creates confusion. Cheap pricing or full pricing?

https://chainstoreage.com/bealls-rebran ... -new-names
Super S

Re: Bealls and Burkes Outlet To Rebrand To Beal's

Post by Super S »

The word "outlet" doesn't mean much these days. Especially when a chain's locations in outlet malls are basically a regular store with the word "outlet" on the sign (with regular store prices to match) And some chains have opened in so-called outlet malls which aren't even pretending to be outlets at all and are not signed as such.

There was a time when outlet might have meant lower quality, blemished, irregular, etc. The line has been blurred.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

They should have renamed themselves to Bell's lol. I'm outside their market but when I see one, I still always say b-e-e-l-s in my head!
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

There was a Texas-based department store chain called “Beall’s”, that was also in NM. I don’t know if that is the same company.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

jamcool wrote: April 15th, 2023, 9:40 am There was a Texas-based department store chain called “Beall’s”, that was also in NM. I don’t know if that is the same company.
They weren't...TX (area) Beall's were owned by Stage Stores, which went bankrupt and liquidated a few years ago (The Burkes name was used in those regions). Beall's (Florida) bought the other Beall's trademark from Stage in liquidation, so now they can all be under one brand.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Didn’t Anthony’s (CR Anthony) merge into Stage as well?
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

In the commercials here for “regular” department store Bealls they always referred to themselves as “Bealls Florida” (I guess to not be confused with TX Bealls?)
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

jamcool wrote: April 15th, 2023, 5:51 pm Didn’t Anthony’s (CR Anthony) merge into Stage as well?
Stage started out as Specialty Retailers Inc., which was originally a holding company for Bealls Texas. They bought Stage, but then added Beall Ladymon of Shreveport, which put them along the Gulf Coast toward, but not in Florida, which was why they used Stage instead of Bealls. They also owned Palais Royal, CR Anthony, Peebles, Goody's and Gordman's, which they had started converting to at their final bankruptcy and closure.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

cjd wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 9:56 am In the commercials here for “regular” department store Bealls they always referred to themselves as “Bealls Florida” (I guess to not be confused with TX Bealls?)
That's exactly why. Since they purchased the Stage IP in the bankruptcy sale, all the Burke's stores outside FL are now Bealls, which they did not have before.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

mbz321 wrote: April 15th, 2023, 4:49 pm
jamcool wrote: April 15th, 2023, 9:40 am There was a Texas-based department store chain called “Beall’s”, that was also in NM. I don’t know if that is the same company.
They weren't...TX (area) Beall's were owned by Stage Stores, which went bankrupt and liquidated a few years ago (The Burkes name was used in those regions). Beall's (Florida) bought the other Beall's trademark from Stage in liquidation, so now they can all be under one brand.
The official name of the Texas company was 3 Beall Brothers, out of Jacksonville, TX. The stores were known as Bealls (no apostrophe). It was purchased by SRI in 1988. After their purchase of Stage and the subsequent conversion of Beall Ladymon to Stage in 1994, the company became Stage Stores Inc.