New anti-theft Walgreens store has just 2 aisles of touchable merchandise

Alpha8472

Re: New anti-theft Walgreens store has just 2 aisles of touchable merchandise

Post by Alpha8472 »

CVS over 10 years ago made you sign a paper at drive thru and send it back through the tube system saying you picked up. Then CVS would save the paper on file. The problem is that people would forget to sign and send the paper back through the tube. This was very time consuming and risked missing capturing the signature.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: June 19th, 2023, 6:30 pm CVS over 10 years ago made you sign a paper at drive thru and send it back through the tube system saying you picked up. Then CVS would save the paper on file. The problem is that people would forget to sign and send the paper back through the tube. This was very time consuming and risked missing capturing the signature.
As noted previously, they were still doing that about 2 years ago and may very well still do it, just don't have anyone that goes there for prescriptions any longer.
When I did, we usually used the main window, so it was coming out in the drawer and on a clipboard, which might be harder to do with the tube setup, though I seem to remember that when we did have to use that (when they were using the window for drive up testing), it was a larger "tube" than what a bank generally has, to accommodate the medicines should they be in larger containers as can occur.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Meanwhile we have a new theft tactic.

Not only is the shoplifter prepared with their own reusable bag but this shoplifter also has some kind of blowtorch or something to basically use to open the various locking shelves. Nobody does anything and the shoplifter supplements the reusable bag with a backpack to get additional items as well.

Okay, I guess I am lying when I say nobody does anything. Someone filmed the video and 2 employees are filming the video in the background as well. So I guess people are doing something...

Anyone who thinks shoplifters don't use and bring in their own reusable bags is kidding themself. These shoplifters are professionals; this is what they do. They are going to show up with the tool(s) necessary to carry out the desired activity (shoplifting). A reusable bag is a key necessary tool to use for shoplifting.

Also so much for the stupid locking shelves. This explains why I see so many locking shelves that have the same old 50% out of stock rate at Wal Mart as the old open shelves did. I suspect this tactic is more widespread than we know.