H Mart coming to Las Vegas

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

H Mart coming to Las Vegas

Post by SamSpade »

Hopefully the store will look as nice as these images that Eater has included. In the PNW they are not nearly so glamorous.
https://vegas.eater.com/2023/4/26/23699 ... -las-vegas
https://www.winsightgrocerybusiness.com ... vada-store
storewanderer

Re: H Mart coming to Las Vegas

Post by storewanderer »

The Greenplace or whatever it is called Market in Las Vegas is terrible. It is the other Korean format there. Based on the bag I received there, they have some locations in CA. I had heard the one in Las Vegas was owned by the family that owns Lee's Discount Liquor so I'm not sure if they are some kind of franchise or what exactly the deal is. The store was completely disorganized in center store, produce was poorly rotated, pricing was all over the place, cleanliness was questionable, temperature inside the store was uncomfortable, various unutilized fresh space, front end was oddly well staffed given how few customers the store had. The store had a creepy vibe to it, I did not like how it felt, and would be unlikely to go back to it.

I am not sure how the Greenplace will survive once H Mart opens.

There are also a few Seafood City units (not too impressed with any of them), a couple Island Pacific units in former Fresh & Easys (one of them is a lot better than the other), multiple 99 Ranch, a 165 Market (looks to be a former Vons, liked this store; great mix and nice produce), a SF Supermarket in a former Albertsons/Lucky (big store that was very underwhelming and undermerchandised with the slowest checkout known to man)...

I may be missing something but the market already feels a little crowded. I am sure there is room for H Mart given its most direct competitor is really awful.