Impulse Spending Is Down, Clothing Sales Affected The Most

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

Impulse Spending Is Down, Clothing Sales Affected The Most

Post by Alpha8472 »

Clothing is the number one impulse buy followed by groceries. Technology and coffee are the least impulse categories. Coffee sales and technology are least affected. That is probably why these Coffee chains keep expanding. It may also be why Microcenter wants to expand.

https://chainstoreage.com/impulse-spend ... e-buys-are
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Impulse Spending Is Down, Clothing Sales Affected The Most

Post by jamcool »

Maybe because of work at home, there is less need for a large quantity of clothing, especially for work.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

jamcool wrote: July 28th, 2023, 12:17 pm Maybe because of work at home, there is less need for a large quantity of clothing, especially for work.
So true. Even though I was required to be on camera while remote working, my clothing purchases cratered after the pandemic.I have a few nice polos and some dress shirts, but not the multiple aris of dress slacks, dressy shoes, sport coats, etc that I wore when working on-site. I can't be the only one.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Not only that but even for groups who have returned to office from what I have seen, "dress code" has basically fallen off a cliff. Every day is now like the old Friday when it comes to dress code, and Friday is another level down from what it was before. I'm happy about this but the clothing business clearly isn't.