Wendy's New Frosty Flavor

Alpha8472

Wendy's New Frosty Flavor

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's is coming out with a new temporary Frosty flavor: Pumpkin Spice on September 12.

They will also have a new Pumpkin Spice Frosty Cream Cold Brew.

Wendy's also has new English muffin sandwiches that compete with McDonald's. They also have Queso Fries that compete with Taco Bell's Nacho Fries. I liked the Queso Fries.

https://www.today.com/food/restaurants/ ... rcna103695
storewanderer

Re: Wendy's New Frosty Flavor

Post by storewanderer »

It'll be hard for this to be worse than the peppermint was.

The English muffin is fine... the biscuits are better. The English muffin is healthier. Free swap any item in app between English muffin and biscuit.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

That's a good idea. I like the biscuits better.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: September 10th, 2023, 3:59 pm That's a good idea. I like the biscuits better.
There is something flat about the english muffin (same with the McDonalds english muffin items). I find it interesting Wendy's has decided to follow McDonalds and Chickfila and go the route on having an english muffin based breakfast sandwich.

Nutrition level is certainly more favorable with the english muffin.

Wendys would be smart to continue to promote the biscuit based items. Those are their best breakfast items.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I tried the new Pumpkin Spice Frosty today. It was very sweet and tasted like pumpkin spice and cinnamon. If you like pumpkin spice, then this is for you. However, it was extremely sweet. I liked it.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

I tried it Friday and was impressed. I tend to not like peppermint flavored items (other than actual mints) so I did not try the peppermint Frosty. I didn’t like the Shamrock peppermint shakes at McDonalds.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

About the only mint flavored item from a fast food place that I've liked is the chocolate chip mint shakes from Cook Out, which tastes pretty close to the mint chocolate chip ice cream you get out of a carton with the same really thin chip pieces.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Tried the pumpkin frosty. It was completely runny (milk like) obviously not at proper temperature so I just took a single small taste to get a taste. I liked the taste. It was quite sweet but it had a good taste. Nothing too strong or off putting. Glad I had free frosty with purchase otherwise I'd have asked for a refund.

The Junior Hamburger had a completely dry and hard bun and was basically terrible. But it wasn't worth trying to get 1.89 back.

I really stopped at a bad location I guess. I'll look forward to more proper temp pumpkin frosties over the next few months.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's has consistency problems. A while back some Wendy's would say that mobile orders on the app are not valid at this location. I hope corporate has forced them to accept all orders by now.

The service and quality of the food depends on whoever shows up for work that day. Some days service is fast and efficient and other days the people there have no idea how to run a restaurant.

There is an order taker at a Wendy's near me who seems really slow and out of it. I wonder how these people manage to keep their jobs.

Some days the order can be totally wrong and other days it can be perfect.

One Wendy's does self serve Coca-Cola Freestyle and the next Wendy's is still doing employee poured drinks.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The Pumpkin Spice Frosty is going away. The Peppermint Frosty is coming back November 14. That's too bad as I bought a $1 Boo! Book from Wendy's that came with 5 free Junior Frosty coupons. I am going to have order a lot of Frosties in the next few days.